And I mean the nonreligious stuff. We talk about that all day long here. I'll start...

People who insist on turning against heavy traffic from the driving lane even though there is a middle lane set aside for turning.

People who can't take two additional seconds to push their shopping cart into the stacked carts, but leave it laying around two or three feet away from where it should properly be put.

Men who piss into toilets without putting the seat up and/or don't wipe the seat. (Were you raised in a barn or is it that you're afraid of the germs on the seat but are also afraid of washing your hands after touching something "dirty"?)

Otherwise intelligent people who can't pronounce "nuclear" without putting two u's in it.

Tags: complaints, gripes, groans

Views: 1216

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

People who don't "get" the concept of an express line. Recently I was in the express checkout at Whole Foods where there were registers on both sides of the aisle. In addition, there was a sign to one sign saying "Express Lane." So I waited at the entrance and a portly woman asked me "Which line are you in?" to which I replied "It's an express line. I'll take the first first available cashier." She made some reference to the other woman she was with that I was being an a-hole about not picking a line.

People who don't realize their dogs are annoying. I'm sitting on a patio trying to enjoy a meal and a passerby with her dog comes by and sniffs my feet (read: just trying to get closer to my food) and the woman is standing there with a smile on her face like "isn't that cute..." NO, it's not cute. I'm trying to enjoy my meal and you're allowing your dog to beg? I don't know you.

Also.. body language. People who do this to anyone. Sometimes people have read one of those self help books how to be influence people and make friends and shit like that. How to be dominant...and they always try and create these visual cues... kinda like Ted Haggard here... it's so fucking obvious. Here is Ted Haggard trying to look like the dominant force to be reckoned with here. Jolly good show Ted! http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20061218134812/uncyclopedia/i...

People who use their hands too much when talking... all style and no substance.

People who do the quote mark sign with their fingers.

People who say "god" in any context except non-existence (sorry I know it's supposed to be non-religion)

People who smile too much just to show off their pearly white teeth. 

People who smile in a patronizing sanctimonious way (think Ted Haggard).... as if this is a knock-down argument. 

People who talk too much... they tend to confabulate in their own bullshit.

People who are too lazy to read a book 

People who neglect their pets.

People whose way of arguing is to give you a reading assignment for a book that took over their mind.

I agree.. i can't stand that either. If you don't have a point to make don't try and make one.

How do you put two u's in nuclear?

Some people pronounce it nuke-u-ler.

Including a recent Republican President. Our current President pronounces Taliban tally-ban, like tally-ho.

I looked it up.  Both nuclears are in Websters.  \ˈnü-klē-ər, ˈnyü-, ÷-kyə-lər\ * What do ya know?

* the division symbol denotes some controversy with a wide enough usage of the controversial understanding to get the idea in the book.

Dictionaries nowadays reflect actual use. In other words, they are descriptive, not PREscriptive. So, we can still say that nuke-u-lur is WRONG. It's certainly fair to insist that pronouncing it as it's spelled is preferable to adding yet another odd pronunciation to our language. I, for one, pronounce Wednesday the way it's spelled, not whens-day.

That's just awkward to say. It takes way more effort than just saying it the way it's spelled.

Any one who thinks Twilight is well written.

People who are always bumming something. Cigarettes, money, drinks, and it's worse when they have a job because it's like "What are you doing with your money?"

Call back tones. I'm not even going to explain this one.

RSS

Blog Posts

PI = 4

Posted by _Robert_ on September 16, 2014 at 8:53pm 5 Comments

Invictus

Posted by Marinda on September 11, 2014 at 4:08pm 0 Comments

Ads

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service