Gods are only a figment of mans imagination. God(s) (all of them) were created by man to explain what was not understood. There is no god or gods, never have been. The old argument "prove god or no god" is a waste of time and since neither case is provable it's a waste of time and effort.

I am so tired of the philosophical arguments for and against an un-provable or provable possibility of something that doesn't exist that I want to puke. We are so inculcated with religion especially Christianity that we don't seem to be able to think outside the box. Even those who find God(s) ridiculous still grant the theists tha the possibility of some sort of supernatural being created the universe and all in it. It's bullshit, there is no such being/thing.

I have no problem with the idea that life is random, just as random as the universe itself. Those of you who feel/think the universe is not random, that is your prerogative, but it doesn't change reality. That the universe may not be random is something we have no indication of, but what caused (a term I have real problems with) it is a question for which we have no answer.

Why is it so important to prove or dis-prove the existence of something that supposedly created reality? What a waste of time, we can argue for centuries without ever reaching a definitive answer that anyone will be able to accept.

The Christian god exists in the same dimension as the Greek, Egyptian or other gods, i.e. some other dimension, but none of them exist. I cannot see why, or any reason that, the Christian God can be any realer than those others. The Christian God is as much myth as any other historical god.

If people want to believe the universe has some meaning, direction, reason for being or what ever; have at it. If it makes you feel better and you need to believe go ahead, but if you think you are a candidate for "heaven" you'd better re-think your beliefs.

If anyone wants me to "prove" my thesis they can go straight to Hell (if you will pardon the expression). Just because I make a categorical statement it doesn't mean it is not correct. I admit I do not like to make categorical statements since they are often faulty; in this case I make an acceptation. You want to argue with me? Go ahead but if you expect me to acquiesce to your demands you can go jump in a lake or preferably an erupting volcano.

Anyone who believes there is a god is terribly terribly misinformed.

End of rant.

Views: 611

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"and induce whether its cause is natural or beyond natural."

Can you now? Are you sure? It seems that as we learn more about the universe, much that was once attributed to "the gods" now has a natural scientific explanation.

The god of the gaps becomes smaller and smaller in his influence. However if you are schizo and the Catholics get a hold of you, the may still literally go after your demons...LOL.

I will listen to your evidence for natural causes for the creation of the universe (Big Bang) if you have one. I'm interested in learning. 

Please define what you mean by "God" first. Then we might get into giving science lessons.

Do you think that the de Sitter ideas on universal expansion are overlooked because he is not as well-known as Einstein? Rejecting the idea of needing the cosmological constant was an important step in moving away from the “steady state” idea about the Universe as both men saw the merits to Hubble’ ideas of the rapid expansion of the Universe. But it wasn’t really Einstein that figured out our current estimate for the age of the Universe, was it?

I'm not sure how age of the universe is pertinent to the arguments & evidence I presented. How do you think it relates to the conversation we have had so far?

I'm not sure how age of the universe is pertinent to the arguments & evidence I presented. How do you think it relates to the conversation we have had so far?

Then why did you state “The theory states an absolute beginning of time, space, and matter, and has been mathematically verified to 5 decimal places”. Is that not what you are claiming General Relativity states?

BTW what evidence do you think you have presented so far?

Please define what you mean by “God”.

Can we agree that we do not really know the "cause" of the big bang....? Is that OK with you if we really don't know much about a lot.....and that we may never know much about a lot?

The mental exercise that you are going to astound us with is just that....If you do end up with a Nobel prize in physics for your theory of universal creation, I apologize in advance.

We (our society, our scientists) actually do know a lot about a lot. There are universal questions asked by man since the beginning of time, like 'Why am I here?' and 'What is the purpose of life?' Those questions motivate the desire to understand our world, and for some the origin of our world.

Scientific evidence overwhelmingly confirms that the universe exploded into being out of nothing. I listed some of that evidence above. The cause is either someone created something out of nothing, or no one created something out of nothing. Which is a more reasonable conclusion?

The cause is either someone created something out of nothing, or no one created something out of nothing. Which is a more reasonable conclusion?

Neither is reasonable. You are assuming there was a “someone” involved. Why not a “something” instead?

"no one" is a something, wouldn't you think?

No, the term "no one" implies a "not a someone".

At best "no-one" is "no thing" not "something". It's not nothing you know?

Sorry, but you have no idea even how much there is to know.....how many galaxies and star systems and planets are there? What is dark matter, is there extraterrestrial life, how long will you live? Yea, we know a lot.

The cause is either someone created something out of nothing, or no one created something out of nothing. Which is a more reasonable conclusion?

Well who or what created the someone that created something out of nothing?  Oh yeah that's where the magical thinking starts... POOF ! God appears, just like when the Vikings tried to explain lighting, we have Thor. It's a poor argument.

RSS

© 2019   Created by Rebel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service