Quote from Theo Van Gogh publicizing his book one year before his assassination by a Muslim extremist.

This book is called 'Allah Knows Best' because it is my dark suspicion that the new Middle Ages of Mecca are on the verge of outbreak; and because I feel, as a professional atheist, very unsafe in a climate that is dominated by ambitious mayors who are happily busy “keeping things together” and sit round the table with the wrong mosque board, while Moroccan youngsters play soccer with funeral wreaths on the 4th of May. Since September 11, as you well know, the knives are sharpened and the fifth column of goat fuckers marches ahead relatively unhindered. I can’t make more of it. We live in a nightmare of good intentions and misunderstood idealism.” [Christianity and Other Superstitions]

Views: 87

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks.  I don't know that happened.

In Europe today, you cannot say what T. van Gogh said without being labelled a racist and islamophobe. 

I'm trying to display the black text more readably. Let's see if this is readable. If not, one can always highlight the black text and read it that way:

“This book is called 'Allah Knows Best' because it is my dark suspicion that the new Middle Ages of Mecca are on the verge of outbreak; and because I feel, as a professional atheist, very unsafe in a climate that is dominated by ambitious mayors who are happily busy “keeping things together” and sit round the table with the wrong mosque board, while Moroccan youngsters play soccer with funeral wreaths on the 4th of May. Since September 11, as you well know, the knives are sharpened and the fifth column of goat fuckers marches ahead relatively unhindered. I can’t make more of it. We live in a nightmare of good intentions and misunderstood idealism.” [Christianity and Other Superstitions]

RSS

Atheist Sites

Forum

conspiracy theories

Started by Seth Richardson in Small Talk. Last reply by _Robert_ 45 minutes ago. 2 Replies

Marriage makes women fat?

Started by Logicallunatic in Small Talk. Last reply by Unseen 3 hours ago. 5 Replies

Criticize the ideology, not the person?

Started by Erock68la in Small Talk. Last reply by Pope Beanie 4 hours ago. 23 Replies

Blog Posts

Rounding Up?

Posted by Carol Foley on November 20, 2014 at 3:17am 2 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service