I'm sure everyone has heard that France, the United States, and the UK have launched air attacks on Gaddafi. Gaddafi has said "no mercy" in his attempt to retain power and he supports terrorism. I think what we are doing is a humanitarian effort to stop a lunatic from hurting people who aren't able to really defend themselves. 

Now, I've been reading comments made on both American and British news websites. The majority of Americans keep referring to the Iraq/Afghanistan war as a comparison. They claim we're going in for oil or refer to things like "oh next they're gonna tell us they have weapons of mass destruction." Do they not see that it is 3 countries-not just the US- standing up for citizen's rights? Obama also said that ground troops will not be deployed. A lot of the comments I've heard/seen have ignored that statement and they compare Obama to George Bush. The comments made on British sites seem to also have the same views-oil. I really don't see it? Now, if we launch an all out war against Libya, I might just change my mind.

I wanted to post this to see other like-minded people's opinions from around the world. What are your views?

Views: 58

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

THANK YOU. Gaddafi is a tyrant that murders thousands.

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/africa/2011/03/201132020261679481...

I have a libyan friend of mine she wrote about this on TA..I was very concern about her!!

http://www.thinkatheist.com/forum/topics/help-libyan-people-nsfw?xg...

I hope she's okay now...

Anyway they have to stop that Gaddafi monster as soon as possible..

I agree.

& I do hope that girl is okay...

I think this entire operation would be viewed in a completely different light if we didn't have the other war in progress....still....

"Who is like the Beast and Who can make war with it"- The Revelation of Jesus Christ which God gave unto his servant John.

EU ?, NATO?, Allies? synonyms for the new World Order that the Bush heralded. And with Rompuy, the  EU   President calling for a one world government, the Revised Roman Empire spoken by the prophets is just around the corner.

are you a troll?
No I'm a resident Theist. So I've been called.
Michael, the bible can be used to make any point you care to - IT"S ALL IN THERE. For myself, I'll go with History & science. Hell, I'd go with comic books before I'd go with scripture, as I've read too many history books detailing the composition of THAT dumb book.
Do not feed. DO NOT FEED!!!
Agreed. I refuse to feed the delusional.

Seeing as I come fom the very home of trolls, you may be interested to know that according to mythology, they only feed upon Christian blood (according to Asbjørnsen and Moe).

I wholeheartedly support trolls! ;)

The faithful have been called worst. Even set on fire on Vatican hill by Nero Caesar.

Later scourged from the face of the earth by the Pagan Roman Rites, Catholicism and Orthodoxy.

Continuing through the inhuman Inquisitions.  So you are back by a cloud of  darkness to incite your cause. 

Though Rome and Constantinople (Istanbul) have been prophesied to blow life into the image of the Beast (The Revised Roman Empire) , even as it makes war with the called and faithful, in the future it will be consigned to the flames. Thus with violence shall Babylon the Mysterious be destroyed, the Mother Harlots and every abomination upon the earth. 

So you worship a death cult that wants to kill everyone who disagrees.. Good on ya.

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Into life hacks? Check out LabMinions.com

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service