What is  your take? 

Views: 272

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have to say that in their current states, I fear Islam far more than Christianity...again, in their current states. Regardless as to how it go into it's current condition; Islam is presently a religion known for violent extremism (view www.thereligionofpeace.com); hatred/fear of women; extreme homophobia (illegal in most predominately Islamic nations often punishable by death); and a general rejection of any science that contradicts the Koran. True, each of these are true of some modern day Christians (and virtually all christians in centuries past), but nowhere to the same extreme.
Marshall...I agree with you. I'm a Christian. Christians have nothing to fear from non-believers. But we should both fear islam. Christian children grow up learning about Jesus and how to love people (we obviously don't come anywhere close to perfection on that). Islamic children grow up being taught that to kill jews, christians, and non-believers when they get the chance...guarantees they will be blessed and live with Allah for eternity. We are taught love. They are taught domination and killing for Allah. Miles apart.
Ah, so sad, I held Sweden as an ideal country for so many years... Yes this is what a tolerant society begeths, extreme religionism.

I say we've had enough tolerance. It is one the only points with which I side with extreme right-wingers. It's hard enough fighting one religion, I don't want to have to fight more of them.
What an 'efficient' video, I have never seen words and thoughts so well presented, in a way that sticks in the brain.

I do feel that it is possible that a great number of muslims are soft muslims, who may indeed be comparable to soft Christians. But I have no doubt that the hardline muslims are very well described by this video, and makes todays' Muslim's akin to Medieval Christians. It seems to be a natural progression of religion and society.

I'd have to do my own research before I 'viraled' such a video myself, but it certainly makes me want to investigate further.

It's a dead link (at least right now).

In my mind, it's as much as a threat as any other religion.
Actually, dhimmi WERE persecuted from time to time. Muslim hospitality was tenuous, at best. Dhimmi were always at the mercy of Muslim citizens. The slightest controversy could set them marauding through dhimmi communities, killing and destroying property. Muslim rulers would also persecute dhimmi's at times.

Many towns in the Middle East had nobody left to become dhimmis -- their inhabitants had been killed or carried away as slaves.

And the jizya and kharaj taxes were a form of persecution because they were a crushing burden administered in publicly humiliating ways. Even in the best of times, dhimmis could never walk tall and proud without risking a rude reminder of their true status.

Does forced conversions qualify as persecution? I think so. According to Norman Stillman's book, "The Jews of Arab Lands: A History and Source Book" (1979), under Almohad caliphs, between 1165 and 1199 A.D., many dhimmi Jews in Yemen and Aden had to choose between death and conversion.

Bat Ye'or, an acknowledged expert on the subject of dhimmitude, cited forced conversions throughout the history of Islam. Major cases include Tabriz in 1291 and 1318; Baghdad in 1333 and 1344; throughout Persia from the 16th through 19th centuries.

And we won't even go into the most horrific treatment of dhimmis in India. India has suffered more than any other country at the hands of Muslims.

In Muslim lands, there has never been a question of equality between Muslims and non-Muslims. The whole notion of Muslim tolerance and peaceful coexistence is a very slanted apologist's fairytale.
Unbalanced my foot. I'm an equal opportunity hater of hatred and monotheism's bullshit in all its forms. And many here on TA are growing terrified of this new trend of Islamophobia as representative of America's increasing religiosity of Christianity.
I'm not sure I like where this is going. As atheists, I feel it is our duty to be above the "us versus them" mentality of hatred that monotheistic followers seem to be so good at, and this includes the Jewish people as well. I hate the religions but not the people. The people's minds are held captive. However I fear Islam more than Israel politics. In fact, Islam is one of the highest on my list of terrible religions because it seems to have a built in mechanism for stifling free thought and ideals of western society. And your talk about Zionism and western imperialism feels like borderline anti-Semitism and anti-westernisms like what is fueling the Muslim extremists' ideologies. I'm not sure if that's your intent. Are the terrorists justified in their hatred and attacks because of Israeli politics or are they doing what comes naturally because of their brainwashed programming courtesy of their idiotic superstition? Remember the Quran burning was cancelled, and people in Afghanistan STILL found an excuse to go nuts.
You know, the Z-word has left such a bad taste in mouth because of its continued usage under the employment of hate rhetoric that it's probably undergone a massive deviation from its original context, much like the word "gay". It's right up there with the N-word in my dictionary. But instead of looking one sided and continually talking about supposed Zionism, why not address the complex issues that fuel this insanity in the Middle East and indeed across the globe?
Garbage in garbage out. I've tried to open up an opportunity for a rational debate. That ship has sailed. I'm sick of you and your bullshit and no longer wish to discuss the issue.

RSS

© 2018   Created by Rebel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service