I believe God himself would like me to ask this question:

What do you call the science of disproving God? If you don't believe He exists, what kind of study can you possibly concoct to disprove his existence?

Tags: Disproving, Faith, God

Views: 389

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Absolutely.

Meanwhile, the purpose of science is to discover and describe "reality" in terms that all scientists can eventually agree with.

(That was my Newbie Scientist comment for the day.)
I could see this particular argument going round in circles for a long time - whether or not concepts actually have existence depends a lot on which definition of existence and reality you choose to adopt.

If your version is right, however, then we have a bit of a slippery slope where St Anselm's ontological proof for God could be valid.
Why do people even bring up the terms "mocking god" ?

How is it possible to mock something that doesn't exist?

Does Santa Clause get the same respect? NO??? WHY THE FUCK NOT? HE BRINGS TOYS TO CHILDREN FOR FUCK'S SAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lol punkmumma.

Say btw, if you're sorry about God being a delusion, I'm sorry about Free Will being a delusion. :)

Perhaps that's why the claim that sexual orientation is mostly choice baffles me. (And yeah, I can predict that people will want to point out that I'm writing this of my own free will. Bah! No! Seriously, I just can't help myself!)
God is such a huge concept it's pretty much impossible you would think to disprove it.There are actually physicists like Steven Hawking,Victor Stenger,Steven Weinberg claim we could safely say it's disproved.
Well on the opposite end of the coin, there is one John Pokinghorne who would disagree.

Faith exempts itself from scientific method. Science succeeds by accurately defining and predicting reality, irrespective of faith. By definition, science deals with nature, not the supernatural.

RSS

Forum

gay marriage decision

Started by Dale Headley in Small Talk. Last reply by Gallup's Mirror 8 hours ago. 3 Replies

Is there an energy resource with such attributes?

Started by ỮŊĐÜムņĮØńệ尺 in Physics, Astronomy, Cosmology. Last reply by Ward Cressin yesterday. 3 Replies

Beautiful Tresses....a Vision of FREEDOM!!!!!

Started by Belle Rose in Society. Last reply by SteveInCO 19 hours ago. 9 Replies

Events

Services we love!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2015   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service