http://palintwibe.blogspot.com/2011/01/listen-up-lefties-difference...

I was going to post this under the "Sick Political News", but this deserves its own discussion.

Naturally, Palin's camp is scrambling for some possible defense they would like to hurl back at the Democrats to see if they can create a distraction from the fact that this woman was on her political "hit list." Do I think Sarah Palin wanted Giffords to die? No, I don't. I think she was trying to play up her gun toting, Alaska maverick, pro-revolution shtick. The people who actually listen to the right though, do not understand nuance, and this psychotic saw Giffords as an enemy of the people. Did she want her to die? No, but she is ethically responsible.

There are a few other "differences" between what Palin did and the DNC's chart. The Democrats identified ENTIRE STATES that Bush won back in 2004 by a slim margin of percentage. Their bulls eyes indicate places where they want to campaign heavily for Obama in 2008. Palin identifies specific districts and a specific CAUSE with "districts we carried that voted for the healthcare bill." Most importantly, Sarah Palin identifies names. She puts out a list of names using rhetoric like "Time to Take a Stand", and gun sights. This the lamest attempt at false equivalency that I have seen yet.

EDIT: I also want to add that the link above is dishonest for the reason that it does not contain the full add. It "intelligently (?)" photoshops it to just include the map. The full hit list can be seen by searching in google or here: http://images.huffingtonpost.com/2010-03-25-24972_382925783587_2471...

FOLLOW UP: I left a comment on above linked blog, but was told it would appear after approval. Since there are 0 comments so far on the article, I imagine that the response to his "defense" would be overwhelmingly negative and ridiculing.

Tags: assassination, democrats, gabrielle, giffords, palin, party, politics, republicans, sarah, tea

Views: 47

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

They would be wise not to... don't even have to look that far back for counters. The governor of Pakistan was just gunned down for religious reasons a week ago, by his own bodyguard no less.

http://slatest.slate.com/id/2279880/entry/2/

Right. I meant a governor in Pakistan. My bad.

The Giffords Shooting's Gay Hispanic Intern Hero...

But I thought they were all illegals! And Gays aren't real people! AAAAAAAARGH! (Authoritarian Mind Fail)

http://www.salon.com/news/gabrielle_giffords/index.html?story=/mwt/...

*NOTE* I will henceforth be making a concerted effort to replace Right Wing with Authoritarian in my vocabulary.

At least they're consistent. They're definitely reloading.

For anyone who's interested, here is the shooter's YouTube page:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Classitup10

His videos talk about mind control and brainwashing.  Yeah.....

I saw this map some time ago on her site and thought it was very distasteful.  I completely forgot about the map even after hearing the news concerning the Arizona shootings.  Honestly I can't say much surprises me concerning her and her party anymore.

" Read more"

I don't hate myself that much.

My sincere condolences ...

Well ms. Palin, since you put the word 'sincere' in the apology , I guess we have to believe you!?

(Could her apology be any more silent and cold?  Even a robot could fake it better than she could.)  

Ugh, it doesn't matter if he was a palinite or not! She targeted Giffords with violent rhetoric. Giffords got shot. Her intentions were "hardly a call to murder"? Perhaps in the mind of someone who can see past the jingoism and rhetoric to appreciate the nuance and metaphor it wasn't. Problem: most people of average intelligence can't. Case and point: the comment about Christina Green on her facebook page. If she doesn't want to be blamed, she shouldn't put gunsights on people.

The crosshair ad was criticized by the 'radical left' when it was first posted, not merely in light of the recent shooting.  Despite the fucked up 'First Posted' time stamp, this article on the Huffington Post website was clearly written early last year.  The biggest tip off is that the latest comment in the now closed comments section was written April 1, 2010.  I think The Huffington Post is a fair representation of the 'radical liberal agenda' or whatever generic characterization one desires.

This brings me to my point.  This sort of behavior was objectionable last year, is objectionable today, and will continue to be objectionable tomorrow.  Does Sarah Palin bear direct responsibility for the shooting?  No, but that doesn't meant the shooting is of no relevance to her behavior.  The reason such behavior is contemptible is that it plays off of imaginary violence.  We're all gung ho about such violence when we are just posturing and talking out our asses, but as soon as we come face to face with the reality, we are sickened.

And rightly so.  I will give Loughner a little bit of credit that, instead of simply talking rebel patriot violent jingoistic rhetoric bullshit, he showed a bit of conviction and followed through.  What I have termed 'conviction', however, should more appropriately be called 'mental illness'.  It's reality is sick.  It's reality is sorrow.  It's reality is dead bodies.  Sarah Palin is not culpable for the shooting, but the shooting does highlight the depravity of selling sickness as an ideological virtue.

I say 'Sarah Palin' because she is the specific target of this thread, but the same holds true for everyone.  We need to stop fucking around so much with our reckless rhetoric.

Here is a link to UK Channel 4 coverage. There is a second video with Pat Buchanan at the bottom of the page. ahem. http://www.channel4.com/news/arizona-shooting-ignites-debate-over-u...
The entire GOP should be prosecuted under dissemination of hate materials

RSS

Forum

Why do we tolerate this?

Started by Belle Rose in Crime and Punishment. Last reply by Reg The Fronkey Farmer 36 minutes ago. 27 Replies

My Grandpa died last week

Started by Physeter in Small Talk. Last reply by Belle Rose 5 hours ago. 12 Replies

How do you cure Insanity???

Started by Belle Rose in Advice. Last reply by Davis Goodman 7 hours ago. 63 Replies

A relapse.....

Started by Belle Rose in Small Talk. Last reply by Unseen 9 hours ago. 7 Replies

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service