I am a stereotypical virgo and an atheist. I realize all of the zodiac signs have multitudes of atheists, but wonder if there are more atheists from a particular zodiac sign?

Views: 2868

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Actually, almost all atheists are Libras. Libras don't even believe in astrology. Proven fact. I read it on the internet somewhere.

Nah!  Most Atheists are Aquarians - I know soooo many Atheists that are also Aquarians, so it must be true. Oh, and Pisces, and Cancerians, and....

I could never get over, how does the interpreting work -  Supposedly from the moon and gravity - to - 'You are going to have a good day", and "You are going to meet a very rich man from Russia." The shame of it is that a lot of people get ripped off. It is very big business.

As usual, excellent answer Nelson.

@Nelson Great counter! You may be 100% correct regarding astrology? In-fact, I find your response to this subject to be more plausible than mine. The problem I'm faced with at this time is: 1). a lack of intelligence and knowledge to post an opposing reply, 2).a lack of time and energy to research an opposing view to yours, or a supporting view to mine... I spent about 15 years considering myself agnostic until I finally came to the realization that what I was in-fact was atheist. I suspect in do time I will come-around to the conclusion that astrology is also 100% fictional. I have never had anyone present such a strong argument as to why astrology was in a word "rediculous"

Your reply is perfect!

1). a lack of intelligence and knowledge to post an opposing reply

Doesn't seem to stop the Christians...Welcome to TA.

I almost felt like making fun of you and saying something mean until I came to this response and you have changed my mind. You have shown an open mind, humility, and respect for your peers opinions. In doing so earned some respect from me.(not something easy to do... I can be very arrogant and I have bean known to have little respect for those who lack intelligence)

I'm a Leo, but I guess I'm more like the doesn't read the news paper to find out how to act that day sign.

Side question - When was everyone born?

I'm an Aquarian......supposedly the "humanitarian of the horoscope and delightfully dotty", according to my "stars" which I read many moons ago.  I do consider that I'm a humanitarian but no more so than countless others.  As to the "dottiness"......well, that's true.  Astrology is nonsense....anyone can make it fit if they're so inclined.  My daughter is a Libra and my son-in-law is a Gemini....we're three very committed atheists.....

What do you mean "stereotypical Virgo"? Considering the Earth wobbles on it's axis, we are out of alignment by around two months and more importantly- zodiac signs, astrology, numerology and all that are not based in reality in any way. It is a large load of crap.

Stars that are many light-years away have NO effect on you. The shapes they make from our vantage point on Earth mean zilch and have no effect on who you are, how you behave, who you are "compatible" with, or anything at all.

Vague predictions like "You will experience money and travel" can fit anybody and mean only that you walk (travel) a distance and pick up a penny (money). Not that you will go on a major trip and win the lottery- although that would be a nice coincidence.

But I'll play along and pretend:

For me, what sign I am, depends on who asks-

I am a "Do Not Disturb" sign for most.

I am Slippery When Wet- for pretty girls

According to the "real" horoscope I'm a Taurus, the Bull- Horny, and like astrology, full of shit.

I realize the term atheist means "no belief in god(s)" but I usually find most atheists to be skeptics as well. Skeptical of all Abraca Pocus, other flim flam, frauds, and all outlandish claims that are not backed up by evidence.

And a reply to a post of yours further down about your 4 friends that have "similar tendencies".

I would assume that they wouldn't be your friends if you didn't have something in common. The fact that you share a b-day as well is coincidental. 

You and everyone else on the planet- share your birthdate with approximately 17 million people from all over the world- with more added every day. Do you really think you would have "all that" in common with ALL of them?

I'd wager there are more atheists under one particular sign, but only because it probably holds true for the general population of which atheists are a part (owing to patterns in birth rates, not star magic).  I'm putting my money on Virgo.

For the record, I am an Aries.

that would be easy enough for the administrators of this site to accomplish. Create a nameless point graph with all our birth days as we registered them, and see if they cluster at all. It has been demonstrated that birth days are indeed clustered when relating to hockey player drafts. It relates to a comparative degree of physical maturity relative to schoolgoers age distribution. 2-6 months is without effect in adults, but it is not without effect during childhood and early teen years.

RSS

Atheist Sites

Blog Posts

Rounding Up?

Posted by Carol Foley on November 20, 2014 at 3:17am 2 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service