About the Abrahamic religions,

I have 3 points to discuss,

#1- What is the most harmful religion in your opinion?

#2-  What is the most harmful side of that most harmful religion?

#3- I know we can not eradicate any religion, but it must be a smart way to mitigate it.                                                     

Tags: The, harmful, of, religion

Views: 516

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Im sure some cheating husbands have used that line..

And no we are not.. cant imagine a nagging wife for each ear.

absolutely :)

I don't think men are any more "polygamous by nature" than women.  It depends on the individual.  I'm 100% for monogamy, but I'm not going to pretend like monogamy is some absolute universal value. Any anthropologist will tell you that it most certainly is not.  It's just ONE way of how human beings have done things.  Lots of societies in history have had various kinds of non-monogamous arrangements.  Anyway, regardless of what we think of polygamy, it's simplistic and incorrect to blame Islam for its existence.  Polygamy was practiced in Arabia and elsewhere long before Islam and, like any other social practice, it was practiced because people saw some utility to it, not because they were compelled to do it by religion.  The most one can say about Islam is that it has allowed polygamy to persist into the modern era even after the reasons that gave rise to the practice had long disappeared.  But even that has its limitations; otherwise, we would not see the sharp decline in polygamy that we see today even in Saudi Arabia, the bastion of backwardness.

RSS

Blog Posts

My Dad and the Communist Spies

Posted by Brad Snowder on August 20, 2014 at 2:39pm 2 Comments

Breaking Free

Posted by A. T. Heist on August 20, 2014 at 9:56am 5 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service