No, this isn't an immigration post and it's certainly not a racism post. Rather it's a reference to the situation in Texas where prosecutors seemingly are being targeted both as reprisals for prosecutions and as a terror tactic to accomplish several things: 1) to eliminate tough prosecutors, 2) to discourage anyone from becoming a prosecutor, and 3) to establish that the bad guys are in ultimate control

We've seen this happen in Mexico, where a combination of targeted murders and threats to law officer and prosecutor families have become pretty effective in terms of corrupting officials and establishing the authority of drug gangs over various jurisdictions.

I wonder if that's what's happening here and I wonder if anything can effectively put a stop to it.

Tags: Mexico, terrorism

Views: 372

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Actually, it was Standard Operating Procedure in Mafia controlled NYC. This is not really a new story, just an old story in a new venue. Intimidation can have the possibility of working in any circumstance where risks outweigh the costs..

We can take as given that all officials love their families, no matter where they operate. 

"I wonder if anything can effectively put a stop to it."

Batman. He has no jurisdiction.

Ending the drug war is the first step in solving a lot of our problems.  It would ripple through so many aspects of our lives.  Get organized religion under control and do something about the ever increasing wage gap and fuck we just might make it. 

Housing all those users and people in the low end of the drug trade is a huge drag on the state and federal budgets, too.

RSS

Blog Posts

The tale of the twelve officers

Posted by Davis Goodman on August 27, 2014 at 3:04am 4 Comments

Birthday Present

Posted by Caila Rowe on August 26, 2014 at 1:29am 9 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service