Why oh why, might I ask, am I, a humble atheist who maintains a constant, yet distant respect for Christians, constantly criticized and barrages with comments on my morality?  Christians seem to think that only by embracing God will you have a sense of moral guidance, and you possibly couldn't achieve morals without reading the bible daily. This is just from my observation, however. Now let me put it to you. Do we really need to be religious to understand and be a part of the concept of morality? 

I'd like to know your opinion, folks, and see if I'm not the only one accused of being an indecent person by the Christian peers at my school. Thanks. :D

Views: 23

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree. 

I like to think of this way.

A christian, of any denomination, literally has a blank morality check in the form of prayer. They can ask 'God' to forgive them, and hey presto, they are totally and utterly cleared of all wrong doings. Rape, murder.. Some how they are absolved of all in corrections. And to think that Christians have the front to attack Atheists..

I would argue it is they who have no concept of morality, for they are told whats right and wrong by some higher force, rather than learning. 

RSS

Atheist Sites

Blog Posts

The plane that never crashed

Posted by Brazillian atheist on November 27, 2014 at 12:17pm 1 Comment

Rounding Up?

Posted by Carol Foley on November 20, 2014 at 3:17am 2 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service