Let's delve into the realm of apocalyptic hypotheticals!

An asteroid (or meteor, whichever suits your sense of imagined doom) has been discovered on a direct collision course with Earth, ensuring cataclysmic destruction upon its arrival.  Unfortunately, this deadly projectile has slipped through the solar system unnoticed by astronomers until it is only twenty-four hours from impact.

For the sake of the hypothetical predicament, we'll assume that news of the asteroid's imminent arrival is not withheld from the public.  Suddenly and unexpectedly, you learn that this is the last day of your life.

What would you do?

Tags: apocalypse, asteroid, cataclysm, day, final, hypothetical

Views: 496

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'd play Russian roulette with a jammed gun all day.
I wouldn't think that it was the last day of my life.

And if it was a meteorite heading to earth, I would try to deflect it.
Assuming that you mean "tomorrow" is the last day, I would probably not hear about it until it was to late, I don't watch the news or read the paper sooooo yeah. I didn't know about katrina until 2 days before it hit LOL

But if I knew, I would stay home, blast my stero, let the kids play outside (And I would of course play as well), have a few drinks (but not be plastered) We would grill out and look at pictures (I would hope my friends and family could be there but without any crying.) It would be a wonderful day. I would have fire works (like sparklers for the kids because they would not know of the upcoming destruction) and at the time it is to hit we would all (myself hubby and kids only) be sitting in the living room on the couch, with tears in my eyes, holding and loving my family.

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Members

Forum

Torture Works

Started by Unseen in Ethics & Morals. Last reply by Davis Goodman 13 minutes ago. 29 Replies

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Into life hacks? Check out LabMinions.com

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service