Hey everyone,

Didja miss me?

So, I've been in ongoing discussion with some local 'Witnesses. 

Any former members care to share insight?

The attached file is my most recent bit o'lit. 

Basically, they gave me a ton of stuff that had the most recent medical reference at 1990. I called em out on it by showing them capabilities and differences in phones and laptops of 1990. Then I showed them pictures of phones vs. then and now. Laptops vs. them and now. The INTERNET vs. then and now, Technology..ect. I was patient explaining how our leaps in technology advance medicine. They admitted that the last time they were in a science classroom or really interested in current events of academia, it was when they were teens. 

I was honestly reluctant to take em on. That's a whole gap in education to make up for. 

They seem like nice people. 

So..Here it is: This is their most recent publication. It's the official church word, and supposed to answer all my questions. 

I have a lot. 

Like.. am I on a list or in files of any sort? 

My deadline is this Tuesday. That's when they will be back. Even if the entire file isn't properly debated by Tuesday, I'd like to see everyone's opinion on the first few points, if at all possible.

I won't lie. Any further advice is appreciated. 

Tags: Creation, Debate, Door, Jehovah, Witness, Witnessing, door, to

Views: 692

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Don't worry Misty, they will return just like this cat :-)

How rude! Think they knew you were ready for them?

UPDATE:

So the ringleader and his wife no longer come to my door. They did introduce me to two cute girls about my age, and we've hit it off. 90% of our talk is about social issues, gardening and pets. 

One of them has the same wine club membership that we have- at our favorite vineyard. She is also looking to get a membership at another winery that my husband and I frequent (and want into, too!)  The other actually drinks beer when she comes to my house, now.

I think I'm making baby steps. 

My challenge today was to present them with any contradictions in the Bible, with focus on the New Testament. 

I know that there are lists upon lists of such contradictions, but I'd like to ask the community:

What's your favorite?

What's the hardest to dance around, the hardest to claim 'mistranslated' or 'out of context' or whatever.

What is the most in-your face Bible contradiction you can think of? 

Best answer will win.......something. Not sure what, yet. But something!

No? No takers? 

You're going to make me look this shit up on my own? Damnit, Internet. I thought we were closer than that! 

I only read this comment in my email, not here on the thread, and you seem to have added the challenge later, during the 15 minutes allowed for editing, as the one I read, ended with Bill Murray's "baby steps."

I would have to say it would be the son of god, hanging on a cross, saying, "My god, my god, why have you forsaken me?" (Mark 16:34, "borrowed" from Psalms 22:1) - he seemed to have lost his "faith the size of a mustard seed."

I don't know if that's a contradiction, but it's certainly irony - I mean, clearly they planned this thing for millennia, then, at the last minute, it's, "Yo, Dad, where the fuck are you?! Forget anything? Maybe you need to create another fucking rainbow!"

I added the challenge weeks or months later. 

:) 

Well, it's not a contradiction, but it shows Jesus as a crazy cult leader.

John 6:22-66.

It's where Jesus says eat me, and the end result is "because of this many of his disciples turned back and no longer went about with him." Everyone except the 12 realized that the man was a crock, but they were too deluded to stay.

Also, in John 6:21, not only can Jesus walk on water, he can instantly teleport an entire boat full of people! Why does no one mention this?

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Members

Forum

Why Not Deism?

Started by Adam Weber in The Bible, The Koran, and other scripture. Last reply by Gallup's Mirror 10 minutes ago. 90 Replies

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Into life hacks? Check out LabMinions.com

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service