“As for this rule change that some people are calling the nookylar option-- ah, yeh-- under Senate rules, you know, I guarantee, this week, uh, Thanksgiving Dinner, people sitting around their tables, we're not going to be talking about the president blessing this thwarting of a balance of power in, in eh-- Congress with new Senate rules called the nookylar option. People are going to be talking about our failed big government policies that will bankrupt this country so this distraction, this new talking point in the media and, uh, with Congress, with Senators and with the president blessing this action, it’s a distraction and it’s a lot of, you know, double standard and, and, um, Democrat hypocrisy because just a few years ago they were so anti, anti nookylar option, they were against any thought of Republicans ever considering changing these rules, and yet now, you know, it’s the greatest thing since sliced bread so, American people, they don’t care about distractions like that, they’re not in that inside baseball Senate rules stuff, they want government to be back on our side, they want it to get out of our lives, and ah, in order to do that we need those who will not fundamentally transform America but will fundamentally restore what’s right about America. We do that by having good judicial nominees and nominees in these regulatory agencies and elsewhere. So this new rule change, it stinks!"

Fox "News" host Chris Wallace emits a laugh before proceeding with the broadcast.

Tags: Palin, Sarah

Views: 771

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Quite funny, but I don't think it's right to attribute the words to Palin.

It's meant to be funny; even absurd. I actually sourced the words to the Daily Currant. Nothing puts things righter than good satire. ;)

No big thing - really but:

"I actually sourced the words to the Daily Currant"

No, you sourced the words to:

"- Sarah Palin, Oct 23, 2013, (source)"

Now this comes from a highly reputable source - a guy calling himself Gallup's Mirror. No need to click on the link to check HIS sources, right?

:-)

It does seem a little too coherent, but nutty, enough. This does beg the question,'was there a holiday called 'easter' then? I expect that the Romans did have holidays...

Jesus was crucified at the time of the Jewish Passover (according to the gospels) so that they could use the metaphor of Jesus as the sacrificial passover lamb for everybody. I don't know what exactly the Romans were celebrating at that time, but the fertility goddess and Easter bunnies had to come from somewhere, right?

The quote is from The Daily Current, which appears to be Britain's edition of The Onion. The other headlines on that page make me chuckle, especially "Pope Benedict comes out as gay." I do wish it was written a little differently, though; it's not an obvious enough parody. 

I do wish it was written a little differently, though; it's not an obvious enough parody.

I thought it was, but maybe not. Sorry for any confusion.

But let's admit it. Palin is a caricature of herself. She could say that. If she had, would anyone have trouble believing it?

RSS

Blog Posts

The tale of the twelve officers

Posted by Davis Goodman on August 27, 2014 at 3:04am 0 Comments

Birthday Present

Posted by Caila Rowe on August 26, 2014 at 1:29am 3 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service