I was quite lucky as a kid in that I immediately refused (age 7) to play along with the whole church or jesus nonsense.  My mother saw something in me and allowed me to skip the whole thing, although she made my siblings attend regularly.  The little exposure I had to this religious culture bored me senseless and I saw as utterly pointless information that I would never need.

BIIIIG YAWN.

Bottom line;  because I never believed, I could never really relate to the values shared by my closely knit catholic community.  So sure have I been of my atheism most of my life that I always assumed that I was right and the rest of the world (the believers) were mentally ill or something.

So much of our culture is viewed through the collective religious experience of the masses.

Like everyone is looking through shattered glass.  But because believers are in power, in the course of living our lives, we live by their rules.

I confess to little tolerance for anyone 'testifying' anywhere near me.

What gets to you about living in a 'Christian' world?

Tags: alienated, atheist, indoctrination, unbelief

Views: 9

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Not only respect, they demand compliance with their beliefs, even from those who do not share them.

RSS

Atheist Sites

Blog Posts

Rounding Up?

Posted by Carol Foley on November 20, 2014 at 3:17am 2 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service