The Frequency and Magnitude of Earthquakes are Increasing Fulfilling Christ's Words

The earth is like a woman in travial about to give birth.

The time is coming and soon is when the martyrs, dead  in Christ,  will rise.

The whore riding the scarlet Beast will be judged for it's great apostasy and slaughter of the Holy and elect people, the living oracles of God in both Western Roman Empire and it's derivatives and Byzantium.

For Great is the God that judges her.

Babylon the Mysterious, Mother of Harlots, the whole earth has drunken from the fierceness of her fornications.

www.earthfiles.com

NOON Pacific Update:  February 28, 2010 -
8.8 Magnitude Quake in Chile.
500 Times More Powerful Than Haiti Quake, Shook 2 Minutes, Says USGS.
At least 708 confirmed dead. Tsunami warnings throughout Pacific.
Mild 3-foot-higher tsunami waves reached Hawaii.

“Never in my life have I experienced a quake like this,
it's like the end of the world.” 
- Temuco, Chile resident south of Concepcion

Santiago, Chile, cars lie overturned after the highway
they were traveling on was destroyed during 8.8 earthquake that hit 200 miles
south near Concepcion, Chile's 2nd largest city,
on February 27, 2010,
at 3:34 local time (1:34 AM Eastern). Image © 2010 by Reuters/Marco Fredes.

The U.S. Geological Survey reports the 8.8 Richter magnitude earthquake struck 70 miles northeast of Concepcion, Chile (red marker) toward Santiago at a depth of 22 miles at 3:34 a.m. local time (1:34 AM Eastern). The capital Santiago, about 200 miles north of the epicenter, was also badly hit. The international airport was closed after the quake destroyed passenger walkways and shook glass out of doors and windows. TV Chile reported that a 15-story building collapsed in the hardest-hit city of Concepcion, where buildings caught fire, major highway bridges collapsed and cracks opened up in the streets. Cars turned upside down lay scattered across one damaged bridge.

The largest earthquake ever recorded struck the same area of Chile on May 22, 1960. That magnitude-9.5 quake killed 1,655 people and left 2 million homeless. The tsunami that it caused killed people in Hawaii, Japan and the Philippines and caused damage to the west coast of the United States. This February 27, 2010, quake matched a 1906 temblor off the Ecuadorean coast that is the seventh-strongest recorded in the modern world.

Views: 276

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

By 1974 most of the structures of the EU had been created and the EU court had already judged that EU law bound the individuals in nations (van Gend en Loos, 1963) and that the member countries signed away national control to the EU over EU covered subjects upon entering the Union (Costa v ENEL, 1964).

In 1974 the EU was pretty much a 'done deal', as you eloquently put it. Scholars had already noted that the EU only moved in one direction, increased supranationalism. Of course the EU was less supranational in 1974, but your argument is like saying "20 years ago I was 20 years younger".

The rest of your rambling consists of a few facts drawn into heavy speculation and ending up in a non-conclusion.

Show your reference for the EU being a Done Deal, Arcus. You are distorting the facts and misrepresenting the true, as usual.

In 1974 there were relatively few nations even considering this Union, compare to the 27 countries that are now apart up it.

My dear friend, the fall of communism was not a given as is implied in your  no based  argument. I guess my professor is even more of an idiot for not calling that one in 1974 also.

once again you debating method is superficial and unfounded.

The 1973 of the ascention of the UK and a few other states clearly backs my statement. In the 1960ies a lot of the groundwork for the EU and its powers in the present were laid. Everyone who entered after the sixties already knew what they were signing up for, the EU had undergone a drastic change, including the merger treaty of '67. It was clear that if you were in you had to cede power to the Union at an increasing, and never decreasing rate. The fact that countries has since joined implies their acceptance on ever increasing supranationality.

One easy exampel is the law that every EU member country must have a VAT system. The VAT rate can be between 0% and 25%. When I was studying the EU there was no talk about instituting an 'EU tax', i.e. 0.2% of VAT revenues, but in recent years I have seen articles promoting the thoughts. The EU always drifts towards increased cohesion, but the drift is easily disrupted by political events.

I am not debating you, I am telling you. This is knowledge which is well known and accepted. Uncontroversial, not subject to debate. It was postulated in the fifties and sixties, and every single bit of observation confirms it! 

This the latest on Turkey. And it is not a long way off as you imply.  

WASHINGTON -(Dow Jones)- Turkey wouldn't necessarily adopt the euro if it joins the European Union, the country's top E.U. negotiator said Friday.

"Even if we become a member, we do not have to have to come into the euro zone immediately," said Egeman Bagis, Turkey's Minister for E.U. Affairs.

He pointed to the U.K. and Sweden---E.U. members that have kept their own currencies--as examples of what Ankara may decide if Brussels votes to include the country in its regional pact.

But Bagis cautioned that Turkey hasn't yet made a final decision whether it would be worth its while. "We will cross that bridge when we come to it. I'm not saying we will, I'm not saying we won't," he told Dow Jones Newswires at a briefing at the Turkish embassy in Washington.

He said that although Europe's ongoing economic crisis had created additional political friction for the Turkey's efforts to join the union, the country's healthy growth also has potentially strengthened its long-term negotiating position.

"My new slogan is, 'Hold on tight Europe, Turkey's coming to your rescue,'" Bagis said. "We can help the E.U. get out of this difficult situation," Bagis said. "Europe needs Turkey economically, Europe needs Turkey's young and dynamic workforce, Europe needs Turkey's access to reach 70% of the energy resources that it so desperately needs."

As unemployment levels have increased in the aftermath of Europe's sovereign debt and fiscal crisis, opposition to Turkey's E.U. accession has grown in some quarters, with some fearing the jobs market would be further swamped.

Some E.U. member states, as well as the U.S., believe that membership in the political and economic union would permanently anchor Turkey in the West and build a solid bridge with the Islamic world. The restructuring of Turkey's political foundations and development of civil society has made the country for some in the West a model for nations in the Middle East and North Africa as social and political unrest has lit across the region.

Seeking accession to the E.U. has been one of the main drivers for a raft of changes--political, economic and social, Bagis said. But Turkey has also faced opposition from other members, including political powerhouse France. Turkey raised some eyebrows in the E.U. when it voted against U.N. Security Council sanctions aimed at reining in Iran's nuclear fuel program earlier this year.

- By Ian Talley, Dow Jones Newswires, 202-862-9285; ian.talley@dowjones.com

-Marc Champion of the Wall Street Journal contributed to this article.

And NATO bullying Libya is only a shadow of what is to come.

"Who is like the beast, and who can make war with it?"-Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto his servant John. 

Newspaper articles are generally not lauded as the most scholary pieces of work humanity produces.

Go to Google scholar, type in 'turkey join eu', and you will find a large number of peer reviewed and cited articles from scientific journals. If you read MOST of them, you will find that the general consensus is that it is highly doubtful that Turkey will join before 2030.

Noone expects Turkey to join any time soon. The "assimilation" you claim to happen is nothing more than a country wrestling off the shacles of religion and adopting western humanist ideals by education its population.

A blind person of course can not speak of Russia's assimilation and only and idiot as you say would intimate as I have claimed. 

But it is not me writing, "The testimony of Jesus Christ is the spirit of prophecy."

You, therefore can sit down and patiently observe all that is currently taking place to make this possible. I have been studying Russia for several decades. Particularly I have seen how the Russian Orthodox Church is pushing the return to monarchy and the recent devotion to picture of the Romanov family recently affix to Church walls as images of veneration along with the other Orthodox Saint. And the defacto  coronation of Putin as Monarch. 

You will find this site interesting:

http://royalcello.websitetoolbox.com/post?id=1602140

Please point me to the place in your Bible where the current state of Russia is debated, or where Jesus weighed in on this specific subject as it pertains ro Russia alone.

Edit: Blind people can speak. However, they are unable to see. Were you thinking of a mute person?

I will gladly introduce you to my 30 years of research, if you can tone down the personal attacks a little bit.

Please do.

However, I am not interested unless it is either work published in reputable journals or work based on referenced, peer-reviewed, and cited scholarly articles that I can easily verify.

And no, you cannot use the Bible or any religious argumentation if you intend to play. You have challenged me, therefore I get to set the conditions.

It's the human tragedy that counts. If there are 9.0 all over the world what difference does it make. What is being address are the ones that strick large population centers. This is on the increase.

RSS

Blog Posts

People

Posted by ɐuɐz ǝllǝıuɐp on July 28, 2014 at 10:27pm 4 Comments

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service