The Frequency and Magnitude of Earthquakes are Increasing Fulfilling Christ's Words

The earth is like a woman in travial about to give birth.

The time is coming and soon is when the martyrs, dead  in Christ,  will rise.

The whore riding the scarlet Beast will be judged for it's great apostasy and slaughter of the Holy and elect people, the living oracles of God in both Western Roman Empire and it's derivatives and Byzantium.

For Great is the God that judges her.

Babylon the Mysterious, Mother of Harlots, the whole earth has drunken from the fierceness of her fornications.

www.earthfiles.com

NOON Pacific Update:  February 28, 2010 -
8.8 Magnitude Quake in Chile.
500 Times More Powerful Than Haiti Quake, Shook 2 Minutes, Says USGS.
At least 708 confirmed dead. Tsunami warnings throughout Pacific.
Mild 3-foot-higher tsunami waves reached Hawaii.

“Never in my life have I experienced a quake like this,
it's like the end of the world.” 
- Temuco, Chile resident south of Concepcion

Santiago, Chile, cars lie overturned after the highway
they were traveling on was destroyed during 8.8 earthquake that hit 200 miles
south near Concepcion, Chile's 2nd largest city,
on February 27, 2010,
at 3:34 local time (1:34 AM Eastern). Image © 2010 by Reuters/Marco Fredes.

The U.S. Geological Survey reports the 8.8 Richter magnitude earthquake struck 70 miles northeast of Concepcion, Chile (red marker) toward Santiago at a depth of 22 miles at 3:34 a.m. local time (1:34 AM Eastern). The capital Santiago, about 200 miles north of the epicenter, was also badly hit. The international airport was closed after the quake destroyed passenger walkways and shook glass out of doors and windows. TV Chile reported that a 15-story building collapsed in the hardest-hit city of Concepcion, where buildings caught fire, major highway bridges collapsed and cracks opened up in the streets. Cars turned upside down lay scattered across one damaged bridge.

The largest earthquake ever recorded struck the same area of Chile on May 22, 1960. That magnitude-9.5 quake killed 1,655 people and left 2 million homeless. The tsunami that it caused killed people in Hawaii, Japan and the Philippines and caused damage to the west coast of the United States. This February 27, 2010, quake matched a 1906 temblor off the Ecuadorean coast that is the seventh-strongest recorded in the modern world.

Views: 283

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Actually Misty, the No True Scotsman fallacy is separate from the Moving the Goalposts fallacy.

Moving the Goalposts is just as you defined it, a shift in the claim in response to the raising of problems with the initial claim. "Oh, I meant X." Usually done to change the criteria to being outside of the range of evidence.

The No True Scotsman fallacy is a redefinition of the original claim to exclude the counterexample being raised as an example. The canonical example is by Anthony Flew:

" Imagine Hamish McDonald, a Scotsman, sitting down with his Glasgow Morning Herald and seeing an article about how the "Brighton Sex Maniac Strikes Again." Hamish is shocked and declares that "No Scotsman would do such a thing." The next day he sits down to read his Glasgow Morning Herald again and this time finds an article about an Aberdeen man whose brutal actions make the Brighton sex maniac seem almost gentlemanly. This fact shows that Hamish was wrong in his opinion but is he going to admit this? Not likely. This time he says, "No true Scotsman would do such a thing."
—Antony Flew, Thinking About Thinking (1975)"

Basically, if someone says "X is Y" and when it is brought up that X is, in fact, not Y, the moving the goalposts response would be "Oh, I meant X is Z" while the No True Scotsman response would be "That's not a TRUE X"

Actually I have not examined the credibility of the article that makes the reduction claim.

I will look at it and also find counter references if they exist. That not withstanding, prophecy is in regard to the human tragedy. It is apart of the four horseman  prophesies.

War, Famine, Earthquakes and Pestilence. So it is not a "That's not a True X".

Also Michael,

Your quote from Jesus about earthquakes and the end of the world is really interesting, especially considering the following:

Jesus tells his disciples that he will return before they can "go over the cities of Israel." Later (Matthew 24:14)

Jesus mistakenly tells his followers that he will return and establish his kingdom within their lifetime. Matthew 16:28

Jesus predicts the end of the world within the lifetime of his listeners. Matthew 23:36

Jesus falsely prophesies that the end of the world will come within his listeners' lifetimes. Mark 9:1

Jesus falsely predicts that some of his listeners would live to see him return and establish the kingdom of God. Luke

Jesus says that all that he describes (his return, signs in the sun, moon, and stars, etc.) will occur within the within the lifetime of his listeners. Luke 21:329:27

Jesus implies that he will return to earth during the lifetime of John. John 21:22

Paul believed that the end of the world was coming soon. "The day is at hand." Romans 13:11-12 

Paul believed that Jesus would return and defeat Satan "shortly" --within his own lifetime. Romans 16:20

Which any predictions about the end is interesting considering the following verse:

Ecclesiastes1:4 One generation passeth away, and another generation cometh: but the earth abideth for ever.

Wrong on all counts. the prediction is the thousand years of peace which follows armageddon after the reconstruction of the Jewish Temple. There are currently plans for the reconstruction and storage of newly crafted Temple instruments and garments being maintain by the Temple institute in Jerusalem.
I some up the earthquakes due to having a very old ever changing planet. Things will vibrate and shift, just the bigger ones get our attention, to me its not the end. I like to keep it simple :)

RSS

Blog Posts

PI = 4

Posted by _Robert_ on September 16, 2014 at 8:53pm 2 Comments

Invictus

Posted by Marinda on September 11, 2014 at 4:08pm 0 Comments

Ads

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service