What are your thoughts?  In what ways is the church the devil's playground?  In my former career as a pastor, I had quietly come to this realization because of the injustices I often saw Christians commit against other Christians within the church, as well as to others outside the church.  It was often disheartening to see Christians talk so high and mighty about how worthy they were to "the Lord,"  and yet all the while be exactly the opposite.  It was even more damning and disgusting when I became the target of such ill will, when it came to putting child safety over church politics.  So I wonder what any of your thoughts were - particularly those who are former Christians.  What say you?

Please note, that I use the term "devil" not in it's generally accepted theological sense of an actual anthropomorphic being, but as a more loosely personification of the concept of evil and the injustices human beings often commit against each other.

Views: 1291

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No I haven't.  I tend to just kind of "wing it."

If you should find investigating their adminstrative order to be of interest, your reflections would be of interest.

@Mo- He is Bubble Bob - a professional excusist - as Emperor Milos Master of deflection, misdirection and condescension. I hope he comes back :)

Strega gave him a serving that was absolutely brilliant.

I hope the White Unicorn was of help in your fight against heathens.

Love it.  And, don't forget, it wasn't just the molestation.  There was a cover up as well.  That means that the statistics are unreliable and that the church as a whole is complicit.

RSS

Atheist Sites

Blog Posts

In Avoidance of Anger

Posted by Pope Beanie on November 27, 2014 at 4:59pm 0 Comments

The plane that never crashed

Posted by Brazillian atheist on November 27, 2014 at 12:17pm 1 Comment

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service