Texas Rev Now Plans to Burn Copies of The God Delusion instead of the Koran

http://www.theage.com.au/opinion/society-and-culture/bookburning-sh...

The Texan pastor's moved on from the Koran to a pyre of The God Delusion.

IN SCENES of calm bemusement not seen in the lower United States since John Scopes taught innocent schoolchildren evolution, it was reported yesterday that Pastor Terry Jones had given up on his plans to burn 200 Korans and was instead planning to incite atheists by soaking a gross of Richard Dawkins's The God Delusion in moonshine and putting a match to them.

Atheists, who hadn't been expected to come out in pick-up trucks with gun racks on their rear windows and circle his church with their engines revving like goaded Rottweilers, didn't.

Tags: Burn, Copies, Delusion, God, Koran, Now, Plans, Rev, Texas, The, More…instead, of, the, to

Views: 43

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

LOL. I like using Mat 27. It details a zombie uprising. I've actually gotten a xian to admit that there *must have* been a zombie uprising after he tried to squirm out of it. Really, you have them by the balls whenever you pull out choice quotes like that.
The only weapon an atheist needs against religion is a good copy of their holy text(s).
Thought this was fitting. http://xkcd.com/750/
Not that it is actually happening (the article was a joke, satire), but if it did, I doubt if anyone would be up in arms about beyond a 'Book burning? Really? What century is this guy from?' comment or a celebration of a slight rise in book sales.
Who cares? If they burn 200 of Richard Dawkin's books that means that Richard gets money and the rest of the world still laughs at how stupid these people are.
Now. How are you atheists feeling about this? Should we rally?

RSS

Blog Posts

People

Posted by ɐuɐz ǝllǝıuɐp on July 28, 2014 at 10:27pm 4 Comments

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service