Does anyone else get very annoyed with the Tim Tebow overblown religious ties when they do well. He threw for 316 yds and all the Xians are referencing John 3:16 to it. With all the horror in the world...suffering, dying, etc. I think it is ridiculous for anyone to say that God had a hand in this.

How do you all deal with these pious Tebow Xians?

Views: 1076

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There is no "dealing" with them.  The thing I don't  understand is why they can't see that giving their god credit for a sports thing only trivializes their god.  If their god can't handle the horror in the world, what makes you think he has a hand in your throwing a pass or winning a game.

He should make a throw of 66 yards, that way people can reference Mathew 6:6 and guilt themselves into shutting up. Or we could wait for the Pats' to win.

I read in Newsweek magazine he is a virgin at age 23. So at least we know he is sincere in his belief because no NFL football player in their right mind would say something like that (unless they were an annoying in your face Christian). Now if we could just get him to be sincere when he realizes how dumb he is acting and admit it.

I dunno. I don't watch any sport that doesn't involve men in Speedos. Or maybe leotards.

All the sports have these nuts praising Jesus for their wins. The UFC PPV the other night was from Brasil and Jesus won a lot of fights for those guys that night. Ever notice they don't blame Jesus if they lose?

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Members

Forum

Things you hate.

Started by Devlin Cuite in Small Talk. Last reply by Unseen 1 minute ago. 124 Replies

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Into life hacks? Check out LabMinions.com

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service