Does anyone else get very annoyed with the Tim Tebow overblown religious ties when they do well. He threw for 316 yds and all the Xians are referencing John 3:16 to it. With all the horror in the world...suffering, dying, etc. I think it is ridiculous for anyone to say that God had a hand in this.

How do you all deal with these pious Tebow Xians?

Views: 1085

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I respond, "I'm not an athlete so I am none of god's concern."

the douchebaggery springs eternal  - 

I find it annoying that sports athletes at every level inject their religious piety after every game or single play with ostentatious demonstrations e.g. head bowed on one knee, pointing toward the sky and tiresome praises to a supernatural being. Tebow is just, right now, the most prominent of this current trend. After the pro football season is all finished he may be recruited by a religious-rightwing candidate for president to make an endorsment, that is even more distressing given his sports celebrity. Natural evil? nah. Sporting events?  yes! ,God is real according to the theist.   

I find this extremely annoying!!  My sister just posted an article to facebook written by some priest with some long convoluted explanation which is supposed to explain how god may or may not be answering this guys prayers and to somehow justify his failure to answer prayers for really needed things..............The whole thing is truly revolting.How can anyone believe in such a god?

of course it's ridiculous, but it gives the X-ians something else to divert their attention away from the fact it is all obviously not true.  

Shouldn't God be solving world hunger or something instead of playing Madden?

Hahaha I'm definitely using this next chance!!!

I actually appreciate Tebow.

But ONLY for the fact that he makes watching football interesting. (Huge football fan here.) It's hard to deny that it's more interesting to watch a close game than watching something like Drew Brees and the Saints winning in a blowout. I mean, you want to leave the game after the first 8 minutes! At least Tebow makes watching football interesting.

On the other hand, his vocal faith is really just upsetting. What does he think he accomplishes when he credits Jesus with his win? He thanks Jesus.....whoop-de-doo. On top of the fact that he's spewing religious drivel, he's not being very observant of anything else out there. "We did a great job, a ton of players took responsibilities and stepped up...." Okay that's legitimate. Why else did you win? "And thanks to Jesus." No. You won because you and your players worked hard. Better than the other team on that given day. If you think Jesus won you that game, why didn't you go 17-0 the whole season and have a perfect passer rating?

Tebow got $250,000 bonus for the win versus the Steelers there. I bet $0 went to charity or anything xian related. If it did go to charity ESPN and Tebow would have glorified it by now. I highly doubt he has read any of his bible. If he has I bet he skipped Matthew 6:1, and Matthew 6:6.

Being a Steeler fan, I think is a shame that there is not a hell for him to go to.

John 3:16 really? John 3:16, "For god so loved the world he gave his only son so that whoever beleives in him has eternal life". how does that even apply? Is tebow the second coming? Or (more likely) it's the best known verse and most belivers don't even know the book unless it's spoon fed.

Tim Tebow must not have read The Bible closely enough, because it clearly states:

“And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you." Matthew 6:5-6

RSS

Blog Posts

Life Condensed

Posted by Cato Rigas on October 19, 2014 at 8:30pm 1 Comment

Cool Vehicle Inspection!

Posted by Ed on October 18, 2014 at 9:03am 2 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service