Yes. In my countries education system it is banned to teach evolution. I was stumblingUpon some websites and I found this: http://evolution.berkeley.edu/

I started self-learning evolution, since I know very little things of it, most of them superficially.

I admit I do not fully believe in evolution, since I do not understand it. I know people know it works, but that is not sufficient for me. I will try to look for myself for now in the free time. The evolution 101 part is pretty interesting.

I was wondering if you guys might know better sources from which I could understand. I do not require complex and bulky websites, but rather efficient and easy to understand ones.

Until now this website looks OK. Maybe I will have some questions and I will post them here, since T/A has a high biology index, as I see it.

Again, religion intervenes in my education.

Tags: banned, evolution, school, teaching

Views: 87

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ok I can't resist (at least) one more thing that I just found out about:

Your Genetic Journey - The Genographic Project
https://genographic.nationalgeographic.com/
Understanding Evolution, in 5 Easy Steps:

1. Climb up a banana tree, as high as you can
2. Pick a ripe banana on the tree
3. Let the banana fall
4. Climb the tree down, observe the results
5. (Optional) Step on the banana, observe the results

Ooops, sorry, you said evolution, I thought you meant gravity.
Ok, here's the basic run down: DNA is composed of four basic components, Adenine, Cytosine, Thymine, and Guanine, now, I don't know the details of this experiment, but in the 1950's an experiment involving chemicals found when Earth was young, when added to electricity, produced Adenine. It also produced the rest of the components needed, on to the details. DNA strands first started out as what is called RNA, or a single strand rather than a double. The strands that could survive and multiply themselves would grow and absorb those who couldn't. Eventually the RNA merged into DNA. Give or take A LONG TIME the first bacteria began to form in the ocean, (Google Primordial Soup), and the same process of survival started. For humans, we evolved from a common ancestor, and through the same survival of the fittest scenario, this is what happened.
Since Berkeley is my Alma Matter, I am partial to their paleontology department. I'm sure there are easier to understand web sites out there, but you have probably stumbled upon one of the best with http://evolution.berkeley.edu/.

Please feel free to ask the members here any questions you may have about evolution. There is actually a huge wealth of combined knowledge right here at TA!

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Members

Forum

Science Isn't About Truth

Started by Ari E. S. in Philosophy. Last reply by Simon Paynton 49 seconds ago. 2 Replies

Blog Posts

I am tired

Posted by Philip Jarrett on April 18, 2014 at 12:09am 4 Comments

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Into life hacks? Check out LabMinions.com

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2014   Created by Dan.