Let's have a brainstorm about ways ThinkAtheist could be improved!

Big or small, any thoughts are welcome! TA is a great site/community and I'd love to help it strive to maximize its potential. Who knows, maybe one of our ideas will get implemented by a Mod.

Anyway I'll start off with this:

The comments section in Discussions should operate more like Reddit comments, in which comments form a tree-structure, and entire branches of that tree can be minimized with a simple "[-]" button. This would make it so you can see a wider variety of responses more quickly, and follow the comment-threads that interest you. As it is, there is a tree-structure, but branches cannot be minimized, so people often reply to a reply to a comment, rather than replying directly to the appropriate comment. 

Tags: atheist, better, brainstorm, ideas, improve, improvement, make, site, think, website

Views: 232

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

personally I don't like all the anti-theism dirtying up my atheism forum. I suppose there aren't any forum rules against anti-theism, but it might be appropriate for those posts could have their own separate forum.

Of course this is a personal preference, and I wouldn't expect a change to be made unless the majority of TA agreed (and they probably don't, considering the number of anti-theists posts i've seen).

Diversity!  If we all held the same level of opinion, what would we argue debate about?  I skim-read a post if I don't really like the tone, and just don't click on the topics that don't seem to be up my street - I don't want anyone deciding what I should be able to see :). 

RSS

Forum

Nude atheist group

Started by Raymond in Society. Last reply by Raymond yesterday. 4 Replies

Socratic Method

Started by Michael in Ethics & Morals. Last reply by Davis Goodman 8 hours ago. 4 Replies

Babies Are Not Born Atheists

Started by Ed in Small Talk. Last reply by Hope 22 minutes ago. 23 Replies

Gideons International

Started by Ed in Small Talk. Last reply by Gallup's Mirror 12 hours ago. 6 Replies

Events

Blog Posts

Non-traditional Marraige

Posted by Andy Hoke on May 25, 2015 at 10:57pm 2 Comments

YES

Posted by Reg The Fronkey Farmer on May 23, 2015 at 5:00pm 14 Comments

Services we love!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2015   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service