Let's have a brainstorm about ways ThinkAtheist could be improved!

Big or small, any thoughts are welcome! TA is a great site/community and I'd love to help it strive to maximize its potential. Who knows, maybe one of our ideas will get implemented by a Mod.

Anyway I'll start off with this:

The comments section in Discussions should operate more like Reddit comments, in which comments form a tree-structure, and entire branches of that tree can be minimized with a simple "[-]" button. This would make it so you can see a wider variety of responses more quickly, and follow the comment-threads that interest you. As it is, there is a tree-structure, but branches cannot be minimized, so people often reply to a reply to a comment, rather than replying directly to the appropriate comment. 

Tags: atheist, better, brainstorm, ideas, improve, improvement, make, site, think, website

Views: 218

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here is what is planned. 

Forum Improvements coming soon

Add the ability to move discussions between the main forum and group forums; between one group forum to another group forum; and possibly between one group forum to the main forum are being planned. 

I'll look into what we can do about minus signs. 

New Commenting Options

Provide the ability to allow non-members to join in the conversation by using third-party commenting services (e.g., Facebook comments). Still testing this out as we obviously don't won't trolls of doom raiding TA. 

Blog Update

The blog functionality on Think Atheist is ready for a re-do. We have a lot of work planned to make the blog more powerful and much more visually appealing. I'll have more details for you guys in the near future. 

Well, I hate to be this guy but there was a post the other day that kind of -I guess -shocked me. It was through some sort of ladies forum where apparently it was ok to "talk about anything". I'm much harder to offend than what it was about however that is not why I'm a TA member.  Maybe if these things can be categorized a little better that would be great.

The discussion topic just sat in the right hand side of my screen. It was a little hard to focus. If we could close out certain "Big discussion" topics then that would be great too.

personally I don't like all the anti-theism dirtying up my atheism forum. I suppose there aren't any forum rules against anti-theism, but it might be appropriate for those posts could have their own separate forum.

Of course this is a personal preference, and I wouldn't expect a change to be made unless the majority of TA agreed (and they probably don't, considering the number of anti-theists posts i've seen).

Diversity!  If we all held the same level of opinion, what would we argue debate about?  I skim-read a post if I don't really like the tone, and just don't click on the topics that don't seem to be up my street - I don't want anyone deciding what I should be able to see :). 

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Members

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Into life hacks? Check out LabMinions.com

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service