Let's have a brainstorm about ways ThinkAtheist could be improved!

Big or small, any thoughts are welcome! TA is a great site/community and I'd love to help it strive to maximize its potential. Who knows, maybe one of our ideas will get implemented by a Mod.

Anyway I'll start off with this:

The comments section in Discussions should operate more like Reddit comments, in which comments form a tree-structure, and entire branches of that tree can be minimized with a simple "[-]" button. This would make it so you can see a wider variety of responses more quickly, and follow the comment-threads that interest you. As it is, there is a tree-structure, but branches cannot be minimized, so people often reply to a reply to a comment, rather than replying directly to the appropriate comment. 

Tags: atheist, better, brainstorm, ideas, improve, improvement, make, site, think, website

Views: 232

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

personally I don't like all the anti-theism dirtying up my atheism forum. I suppose there aren't any forum rules against anti-theism, but it might be appropriate for those posts could have their own separate forum.

Of course this is a personal preference, and I wouldn't expect a change to be made unless the majority of TA agreed (and they probably don't, considering the number of anti-theists posts i've seen).

Diversity!  If we all held the same level of opinion, what would we argue debate about?  I skim-read a post if I don't really like the tone, and just don't click on the topics that don't seem to be up my street - I don't want anyone deciding what I should be able to see :). 

RSS

Forum

Is WBC an elaborate prank?

Started by Dante in Small Talk. Last reply by SteveInCO 11 hours ago. 1 Reply

Got Milk? Throw It Away..

Started by Elli Leimone in Society. Last reply by Unseen 21 hours ago. 30 Replies

Services we love!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2015   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service