Summertime and the 'reading is easy'...
Maybe this is true for you as well, but come summer I tend to take a break from reading heavy stuff, and allow myself to just let go, read some trash or light hearted fun stuff for a change.

So, what book do you have book-marked? Heady or not, review your latest read.

Views: 43

Replies to This Discussion

"Blindness" by Jose Saramago. Since it's for my AP English Lit class it's paired with my next read, "Brave New World" by Aldous Huxley. Blindness tells the story of an epidemic of "white" blindness that engulfs the (so far) town and the wife of an eye doctor who has not succumbed. The blind are rounded up into a mental hospital and treated as though they caused the epidemic, with limited food and supplies. If anyone is hurt, they are to do nothing and no medicine is allowed in the "encampment".

In other words, it's neat. =)
Currently reading The Brain That Changes Itself and The Great Illusion. I love psychology so The Brain That Changes Itself is quite fascinating to me. While The Great Illusion is just as interesting even though its more political/economic based. Which are not my strong suit.
I'm actually reading the Christian Bible from cover to cover....

cant say I don't "know" God.
Well, with summer winding down, I've busted out my favorite epic fantasy series to help me survive the impending doom that is the holiday season in retail-land. It's the Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind, and I really enjoy it because it's an enjoyable plot with realistic characters, and it makes me think! I'm also reading Nanny Returns (light reading), the sequel to the Nanny Diaries. Eventually I will start the 2nd book in Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series, and I want to read The Princes in the Tower by Alison Weir. That one is a history book about Edward V and Richard of York and King Richard III. I finished her book about Anne Boleyn over the summer. I really shouldn't be working in a bookstore! ;)

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Members

Discussion Forum

Where Do I Post This??? (right here)

Started by Sydni Moser. Last reply by archaeopteryx Aug 22, 2013. 22 Replies

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Into life hacks? Check out LabMinions.com