After almost a lifetime of wrangling with the idea of whether or not there existed some kind of a "magical" being i'm very happy and content in my personal conclusion that there is not! I read other peoples thoughts and arguments about the subject but for me it is all moot. its a personal decision each person makes or doesn't on their own However i'd like to ask anyone who may know, how does an Atheist like me acknowledge someone when they sneeze?

Views: 38

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My husband and I have recently started saying "May the force be with you".  We get some funny looks from people at Target, but it usually elicits a smile from the sneezer.
I've been a Gesundheit person for the majority of my life, but I'm so going to start saying "May the force be with you" now. Excellent idea. Lightening up someone's day is never a bad thing.
my friends usually, being totally sarcastic, yell "Dude shut up" no matter where we are at the time. May not be the friendliest of things but it always makes us laugh
I usually say "Gesundheit", which means "good health". Alternatively, Spanish-speakers say "Salud", which interestingly also means "good health". (If someone sneezes three three times, you're supposed to say "Krankheit". Guess what that means?)
disease?
I just do not say anything. Who wrote the rule for that anyways? What if there is no one around?
This is what I go with too. We don't say anything for a belch, fart, hiccup, cough, etc, why acknowledge a sneeze. Seems arbitrary and archaic to me. Well, to be fair, a good fart always gets a comment.
LOL EXACTLY!
I'm with you on that one. I haven't been saying anything since I've changed. A good fart always manages to get responses in my house along with a good chuckle.

When someone farts we all yell "Angel". My wife gets upset but her name is Angel.

I'm an atheist not with an Angel over his shoulder been know to be on my back.

That has to be the funniest thing I've read all week. Thank you for sharing that!
Well for me being an Atheist means that i don't believe in any supernatural Magical beings but i still believe in being polite.

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Members

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Into life hacks? Check out LabMinions.com

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service