Have you ever had an experience of something not known to or accepted by the scientific community? It is so bizarre to know something is possible that is considered impossible by mainstream sources of information. I'm confident that it will be studied and accepted in the future but due to the stigma of my position I would not disclose the experience to those outside of my closest confidants.*

*In an effort not to seem paranoid, woo, or spiritual, I will disclose that I'm not getting probed by aliens, seeing Bigfoot in my backyard, communing with ley lines, or self-diagnosing "morgellons disease."

Views: 1222

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I knew some people, all in the same household/family/church who thought they were haunted. Mass delusion is not fun to encounter in seemingly well-adjusted neighbors.

Well, actually, one way of characterizing religion is as a mass delusion.

I see dead people

Said the mortician. :)

Said St. Peter. :)

"The scientific community" encompasses all disciplines which are scientific.

I've already explained why I will not disclose specifics.  

It would appear that the question you want to answer is not the question I have asked...

Laughs, that's because we are all bursting with curiosity.  It was curiosity that brought us to atheism, do you really think we all abandon it?

When it comes to the truth, we're like dogs on the scent.

That's all I'm asking. :-)

I've had the exact same experience as you, on exactly the same day and time as you did...but I can't talk about it because...well...you know..."the stigma" and all...but it's good to know there are "others" out there who know the truth.

RWikipedia: R is the eighteenth letter of the ISO basic Latin alphabet.

The supernatural is an ever receding pocket of scientific ignorance. 

I should also say the supernatural is a synonym for the invisible, and the invisible and the non-existent are very much alike.

RSS

Atheist Sites

Forum

Marriage makes women fat?

Started by Logicallunatic in Small Talk. Last reply by Belle Rose 35 minutes ago. 9 Replies

What is the Destiny of Intelligence?

Started by Roy Plisko in Philosophy. Last reply by Unseen 1 hour ago. 21 Replies

conspiracy theories

Started by Seth Richardson in Small Talk. Last reply by Unseen 1 hour ago. 5 Replies

Blog Posts

Rounding Up?

Posted by Carol Foley on November 20, 2014 at 3:17am 2 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service