Have you ever had an experience of something not known to or accepted by the scientific community? It is so bizarre to know something is possible that is considered impossible by mainstream sources of information. I'm confident that it will be studied and accepted in the future but due to the stigma of my position I would not disclose the experience to those outside of my closest confidants.*

*In an effort not to seem paranoid, woo, or spiritual, I will disclose that I'm not getting probed by aliens, seeing Bigfoot in my backyard, communing with ley lines, or self-diagnosing "morgellons disease."

Views: 1216

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I always wonder if these photos have been 'shopped. Why don't the kids cast a shadow onto the chalk?

You're right, I'd never noticed that.  Everyone else in the photo is dressed up for the cold, too. 

It's dark under them just like the people in the background. It's not a sunny day with people casting sharply-defined shadows. However, there's no shadow under the rug where the boy is lifting it, so I'll go with that part being Photoshopped. However, I myself have seen some very realistic fake-3D sidewalk chalk paintings like that. They only have the right affect from a very particular viewing angle, though.

@ Unseen

Complete fake 3 different images layered.

Is that a guess? At any rate, some googling of images will reveal plenty of fake 3D sidewalk chalk paintings.

Look at the fence at the top, it has a shadow.  If the painting is on the ground the fence would cast a shadow on top of the painting, it doesn't.  Shadow stops where castle begins.

And the bottoms of the fence legs are missing.

I don't see the problems with shadows that you see. The grey-haired old lady - top center - is casting a shadow about the same size as the person in black on the left. But I agree. It's three images. In sidewalk art, if you look hard and objectively, you can see the texture of the pavement. With block pavement, we could SURELY see SOME sign of the pavement somewhere.

I can't be specific, but the kids on the mat look, on every edge, to be cut out.

Maybe you're right. However, there's no denying this one:

As an artist, I have the greatest respect for this level of skill. It sort of pisses me off to see bad photoshop mimicking good art...I feel like slapping the photoshopper upside the head. I have nothing against good photoshop, which can be an artform in and of itself...

This is true. But in my case, I was unaware that I had been experiencing anything unique until it was brought to my attention by accident. I did not want my experience to be unique. I actually thought it was a common ocurrance. 

I had a friend once who claimed that as a child, she could move small objects with her mind. Things like an ordinary wooden pencil. She said it scared her parents and so she stopped doing it and no longer can. She has no history of mental illness. She is Catholic (somewhat, as most Catholics seem to be) and does believe in a spiritual sort of existence, but I think she only holds to that because of her unexplained experience as a child.

Whether or not she could do these things at one point, all I can say is that she earnestly believes it.

My mother, sister, and step-sister both claimed to see the ghost of a civil war soldier in our old home all at separate times and without having spoken to each other about it. I never saw it, but then if I was a ghost, I'd probably be spying on women, too.

Regarding your civil war ghost, it sounds like a minor case of mass delusion where one person either thinks they see something (or makes it up for purposes of diddling with the others) and then the others are primed to see the same thing.

RSS

Blog Posts

My Dad and the Communist Spies

Posted by Brad Snowder on August 20, 2014 at 2:39pm 0 Comments

Breaking Free

Posted by A. T. Heist on August 20, 2014 at 9:56am 4 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service