Have you ever had an experience of something not known to or accepted by the scientific community? It is so bizarre to know something is possible that is considered impossible by mainstream sources of information. I'm confident that it will be studied and accepted in the future but due to the stigma of my position I would not disclose the experience to those outside of my closest confidants.*

*In an effort not to seem paranoid, woo, or spiritual, I will disclose that I'm not getting probed by aliens, seeing Bigfoot in my backyard, communing with ley lines, or self-diagnosing "morgellons disease."

Views: 1199

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

TMI

I knew you were going to say that --

I don't think i need to lobby scientists...there is already a nonprofit doing that thanks for the input though.

There is already a non-profit group trying to raise awareness of your claim category?

I'm not sure what 'claim category" means here...

The type of claim you are making - you are so vague I have no idea how else I might refer to it.

Lol. You are vaguely describing my vagueness. 

To answer you question, yes. 

Ever read any of Oliver Sacks books?

It is pretty hard to evaluate what you won't reveal.

Read closely then. You will see that I am not asking you to evaluate anything. I am asking people if the have experienced something unknown to/addressed by the scientific community, as I have.

Kairan, I have had some rather strange experiences that science did eventually explain but for a while had me stumped.  I wrote my thesis on some of my experiences and the effect they had on my, trying to understand them.  I eventually came to understand what was happening and now it is a non-issue.

I realize that all phenomena may not be figured out like this, but I want you to know that yes, other rational people out here have had some weird, weird things happen.

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Members

Blog Posts

Zella Mae Jarrett

Posted by Philip Jarrett on April 19, 2014 at 11:35pm 2 Comments

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Into life hacks? Check out LabMinions.com