Have you ever had an experience of something not known to or accepted by the scientific community? It is so bizarre to know something is possible that is considered impossible by mainstream sources of information. I'm confident that it will be studied and accepted in the future but due to the stigma of my position I would not disclose the experience to those outside of my closest confidants.*

*In an effort not to seem paranoid, woo, or spiritual, I will disclose that I'm not getting probed by aliens, seeing Bigfoot in my backyard, communing with ley lines, or self-diagnosing "morgellons disease."

Views: 1214

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm not sure what superiority dance you guys are are on a trip about, but its cool with me. you guys taking some time to bust my balls I take as a compliment that you took the time:) I was not discussing entanglement btw. I was talking about the duality of particles at a quantum level. How do you supposed the hadron collider knows one particle from the other? Is the instrument I posted above ficticious somehow? instead of laughing learn me sumthin.

"where something happening to a local particle can have a simultaneous effect on another particle a vast distance away."

Sadly, due to the popularization of the subject, people making this point have not looked deeply into the 'details'. In the theory part, they mention that no effect propagation faster than the speed of light is implyed. This limit is still assumed. I do have to say though, that it would be very nice to have atleast one allowable violation. LOL

Quantum entanglement is a form of quantum superposition. When a measurement is made and it causes one member of such a pair to take on a definite value (e.g., clockwise spin), the other member of this entangled pair will at any subsequent time[6] be found to have taken the appropriately correlated value (e.g., counterclockwise spin). Thus, there is a correlation between the results of measurements performed on entangled pairs, and this correlation is observed even though the entangled pair may have been separated by arbitrarily large distances. In Quantum entanglement, part of the transfer happens instantaneously. Repeated experiments have verified that this works even when the measurements are performed more quickly than light could travel between the sites of measurement: there's no slower-than-light influence that can pass between the entangled particles. (source)

The emphasis is mine.

I think I may have been wrong to have used the term "vast distance." Rather, far enough away that the simultaneity could not be have accomplished at slower than light speeds.

Unseen thank you!

I found my reference from another source, that seemed to suggest that the rather newage implications/interpritation of quantum mechanics was false. That no C violation was to be implied. The Wikipedia posting seems to be a qualification only. Till I know other wise, I shall stand corrected. I doubt that this affects the cost of beans in China much...

RSS

Forum

Deepak's challenge

Started by Davis Goodman in Small Talk. Last reply by Belle Rose 2 hours ago. 20 Replies

It happened

Started by Belle Rose in Atheist Parenting. Last reply by Davis Goodman 4 hours ago. 70 Replies

Disorders of Sex Development

Started by ɐuɐz ǝllǝıuɐp in Small Talk. Last reply by Tor Hershman 6 hours ago. 3 Replies

Living freely.

Started by Quincy Maxwell in Society. Last reply by Gallup's Mirror 10 hours ago. 21 Replies

What is the purpose of gender

Started by Christopher Swicegood in Small Talk. Last reply by Heather Spoonheim yesterday. 56 Replies

Events

Blog Posts

Labels

Posted by Quincy Maxwell on July 20, 2014 at 9:37pm 0 Comments

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service