I was reading my Bible and I thought of you guys. Im curious what you guys think, but reluctant to start another topic
1 Corinthians 1:18-29
 For the word of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

For it is written,
         "I WILL DESTROY THE WISDOM OF THE WISE,
         AND THE CLEVERNESS OF THE CLEVER I WILL SET ASIDE."

Where is the wise man? Where is the scribe? Where is the debater of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world?

For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not come to know God, God was well-pleased through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe.

For indeed Jews ask for signs and Greeks search for wisdom;

but we preach Christ crucified, to Jews a stumbling block and to Gentiles foolishness,

but to those who are the called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God.

Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

For consider your calling, brethren, that there were not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble;

but God has chosen the foolish things of the world to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to shame the things which are strong,

and the base things of the world and the despised God has chosen, the things that are not, so that He may nullify the things that are,

so that no man may boast before God.

Views: 33

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If my post is really that pointless why respond to it. If you respond to it doesn't that show that you value it at least somewhat and it has some point to it? I think it does, it shows you care enough about it to respond. This shows to me that it is at least somewhat meaningful to you. So when you say a post is pointless in response to a post that is self defeating in my book.
If i think a post is pointless I dont respond.
The fact that you post Christian dogma on an atheist website is pointless; you are responding to our lack of belief but you're not going to convert anyone.
I do care enough to respond; it is meaningful to me. I would like to enlighten you. I would like you to wrap your head around the fact that people who do not believe in your god do not recognize your holy scriptures. If you would like to make arguments in defense of your beliefs, you should be able to make arguments that do not depend on quoting scripture. If you cannot do that, then you cannot really engage us. Quoting scripture to atheists is what is self-defeating; the moment you post scripture, you are ruining your chances of a real discussion with us.

When I tell you it's pointless, I'm trying to help you out (if you can believe that); maybe you'll come up with an argument you thought of on your own or that we'll take seriously. You want to be taken seriously, don't you?
//I would like you to wrap your head around the fact that people who do not believe in your god do not recognize your holy scriptures.//
I completely understand that, but that's not going to cause me to change my beliefs. I also find it funny that in this instance I would be better suited quoting scripture to give you an understanding of why I quote scripture.

Hebrews 4:12 "For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart."

//When I tell you it's pointless, I'm trying to help you out (if you can believe that); maybe you'll come up with an argument you thought of on your own or that we'll take seriously. You want to be taken seriously, don't you?//
I rarely am, I dont think its the poster who will be convinced or changed, but rather one who is reading the blog. That is who I write for not the one who ridicules me without cause. (not saying you do)
lmao we do have a terrible search engine, don't we! hahaha