Don't tell me you never had this question asked to you, subsequently to your, usually politely, explaining to whoever asks about your religion, that you're an atheist and do not believe in any god; you're an atheist and do not believe that a god exists; or whatever combination of words you choose.

That's pretty much how it goes.

Even people who know that atheists do not believe in a god will sometimes still assume they share a common set of beliefs or principles, and have common political tendencies.

"So, what do atheists believe?", is their question.

If you ask me, I've had a wide variety of comebacks, depending on my mood at the moment, most of them facetious, but most likely, after explaining that atheists (as a group) do not have a common set of beliefs, I say that *I* believe in love, in humanity and our good faith... just to keep it simple... because, quite frankly, we don't "believe" in science - we find it verifiable. We don't "believe" in the universe and its wonders, we have seen them through amazing telescopes. I guess you get my point.

So what do you, fellow atheist, believe in, or what do you think is the best answer to this question?

Side note: This discussion is focused rather on the best comeback to the question in it, which in this specific context, is always asked as "opposed to your non-belief in god, what do atheists believe?"

Views: 6472

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You are the one making the assertion. The burden of proof is on you

again. this topic is about what YOU, as atheist, do believe in. Please stay on topic. 

Obvious troll is obvious

Several people - including me - posted what we believe in. Then you trolled along and sidetracked the thread into a discussion about atheism vs religion - with very silly "arguments" - which has nothing whatsoever to do with the original topic

"Stay on topic". Yes. How about you take your own advice?

RAmen. "That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

Actually, you illiterate little troll, the topic pertains to your answer when posed the question "What do you believe in?". I wasn't responding to your question, I was responding to the original thread. If you had read the original thread, you would understand the context of the original posters question. I suppose with everything on the internet, comes trolls looking for a fight. 

Again : The topic here, what is YOU, atheist, believe in. 

Please provide solide evidence, strong atheism is true..... seems a difficult question  ??

ok, as an atheist, i believe that there is no god. that is simple enough of an answer? isn't it? what more would you like to have explained to you? if you want more, i have given you more in an earlier post, go find it! please, don't say we are not answering your questions, you are not supplying any evidence other than the bible tells me so. IF your faith is based on the bible being correct, then your have NO evidence your god exists as it has been proven over and over again that the book is flawed from front to back!

so, as has been stated to you several times without any response with REAL evidence, the burden of proof is by default on the one making the claim. we simply choose not to believe the claims of the bible or it's believers! please, convince us otherwise, don't challenge us to just believe you! make a case with real evidence, not the bible told you to! that is insulting to the many people who refuse to surrender their intellect to a book full of myths and fables!

thanks

@Angelo – There is no evidence for the existence of god in the bible. At most it can be called an argument for god existence. Apart from the bible you do not have a single shred of Evidence. No evidence whatsoever. If it was then the existence of Allah from the Koran would be true as would the existence of Zeus because there is a book about him too.
Strong Atheism asserts that there probably is no god. The lack of evidence for god is why people assert this. If you have any evidence please disclose it, otherwise it is only argument and circular reasoning purporting to be evidence.
Do you believe that when you pray to your god that you are actually talking to the creator of the Universe? Do you believe that your prayers can change god’s will or that he will temporary suspend the laws of nature for you? If not why do you pray? Have you ever answered these questions before?

Atheists don't believe any of the above are possible.

Atheists don't believe any of the above are possible.

One more. It gets boring. How about answering the question of this topic ????

difficult ? nothing really on hand to make a case for atheism ??????

You have crossed the border from asking questions to infantile trolling several pages ago

yep. nothing substantial on hand, so next step is starting with personal attacks....

nothing new under the sun......

Case for atheism? How about religions are just fairy tales and that it's rather stupid to believe in fairy tales. That good enough?

Hahaha. I agree. One reason for believing in atheism and objective reality is that, otherwise, we'd be left with superstition and reassuring, but false, fairy tales.

RSS

© 2020   Created by Rebel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service