I just posted something about putting a book in the lineup of books to read, and I thought it would be fun and informative to know what was the last book people finished reading.  Mine was Krakatoa: The Day the World Exploded.  What was yours?

Views: 361

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dirty wars: The World is a Battlefied by Jeremy Scahil. A fascinating look at the so-called War On terror, the US official hypocrisy, lies, deception, US torture, imprisonment without trial, assassination, 

Organizing For Your Brain Type.  I am "innovative" with a "kinesthetic" sensory process. Thought I would be a "visual" sensory processor. I don't recommend this book. It is rife with editing errors. Hoping its ideas are better than its presentation.

Sounds like they're the disorganized type. 

I have recently become fascinated by Frank Herbert's "Dune" series. His take on religion/s is brain stimulating.

It's an oldy but a good read, 1984 George Orwell, Bout to start on Cat's Cradle, Kurt Vonnegut

"Shame Travels" by Jasvinder Sanghera, about a UK Indian lady who was disowned by her family for running away from a forced marriage, and went on to set up Karma Nirvana, a charity which helps other young people in a similar position.  I learned a lot about the Sikh religion.  Her mother justified her position by saying it's written in the Holy Book, but this isn't true. 

The last book I read was "Say Nice Things about Detroit" (Scott Lasser). It was okay but I wasn't crazy about it. The book before that was "Legacy" (Danielle Steel - historical romance - French Revolution). It was great if you like that kind of thing.

Last book(s) I finished reading was, for the umpteenth time, Homer's 'Iliad and Odyssey'. The book before that was 'The God Virus', and currently reading 'Time of Legends: Heldenhammer' and still struggling through the Qur'an.

The book I just finished reading was a fantasy novel I read back in middle school. Exact title escapes me, but it was a Piers Anthony Xanth novel.

My current books on the go are Murakami's Wind-up Bird Chronicles, and I am about to start into Lisa Diamond's Sexual Fluidity.

"The Righteous Mind - why good people are divided by politics and religion" by Jonathan Haidt.  A current bestseller.  I'm really looking forward to it. 

"Social psychologist Jonathan Haidt reveals how the conflict, self-righteousness and hypocrisy that can make it so hard for us to get along are actually the natural expression of our moral minds.  Drawing on twenty-five years of groundbreaking research, Haidt shows how moral judgments arise not from reason but from intuition, and why we evolved to be this way." 

RSS

Blog Posts

PI = 4

Posted by _Robert_ on September 16, 2014 at 8:53pm 3 Comments

Invictus

Posted by Marinda on September 11, 2014 at 4:08pm 0 Comments

Ads

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service