I just posted something about putting a book in the lineup of books to read, and I thought it would be fun and informative to know what was the last book people finished reading.  Mine was Krakatoa: The Day the World Exploded.  What was yours?

Views: 360

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dirty wars: The World is a Battlefied by Jeremy Scahil. A fascinating look at the so-called War On terror, the US official hypocrisy, lies, deception, US torture, imprisonment without trial, assassination, 

Organizing For Your Brain Type.  I am "innovative" with a "kinesthetic" sensory process. Thought I would be a "visual" sensory processor. I don't recommend this book. It is rife with editing errors. Hoping its ideas are better than its presentation.

Sounds like they're the disorganized type. 

I have recently become fascinated by Frank Herbert's "Dune" series. His take on religion/s is brain stimulating.

It's an oldy but a good read, 1984 George Orwell, Bout to start on Cat's Cradle, Kurt Vonnegut

"Shame Travels" by Jasvinder Sanghera, about a UK Indian lady who was disowned by her family for running away from a forced marriage, and went on to set up Karma Nirvana, a charity which helps other young people in a similar position.  I learned a lot about the Sikh religion.  Her mother justified her position by saying it's written in the Holy Book, but this isn't true. 

The last book I read was "Say Nice Things about Detroit" (Scott Lasser). It was okay but I wasn't crazy about it. The book before that was "Legacy" (Danielle Steel - historical romance - French Revolution). It was great if you like that kind of thing.

Last book(s) I finished reading was, for the umpteenth time, Homer's 'Iliad and Odyssey'. The book before that was 'The God Virus', and currently reading 'Time of Legends: Heldenhammer' and still struggling through the Qur'an.

The book I just finished reading was a fantasy novel I read back in middle school. Exact title escapes me, but it was a Piers Anthony Xanth novel.

My current books on the go are Murakami's Wind-up Bird Chronicles, and I am about to start into Lisa Diamond's Sexual Fluidity.

"The Righteous Mind - why good people are divided by politics and religion" by Jonathan Haidt.  A current bestseller.  I'm really looking forward to it. 

"Social psychologist Jonathan Haidt reveals how the conflict, self-righteousness and hypocrisy that can make it so hard for us to get along are actually the natural expression of our moral minds.  Drawing on twenty-five years of groundbreaking research, Haidt shows how moral judgments arise not from reason but from intuition, and why we evolved to be this way." 

RSS

Blog Posts

My Dad and the Communist Spies

Posted by Brad Snowder on August 20, 2014 at 2:39pm 0 Comments

Breaking Free

Posted by A. T. Heist on August 20, 2014 at 9:56am 4 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service