Patriotism strikes me as being on an equal footing with God in terms of irrational thinking. And, of course, they are tightly intertwined in the American Right. 

An on-line friend sent me this (for strong stomaches only). How should I reply? She's a nice lady.

Views: 284

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Your a sick person. More Afghans and Iraqis would be dying per year if still under the control of the Taliban or Saddam Hussein through various means; now they have an opportunity for their future. You are just a despicable human being to claim it would be better to leave the Taliban to control and subjugate Afghan women and the Afghan people.

Is the Taliban made up of the Afghans or some other people?

I know you don't believe in Islam but are the people of this part of world free to believe in Islam or is part of your world view they need to be freed from Islam no matter how we free them? 

So when a Iraqi or Afghan women has a deformed child caused by the tons of DU rounds we have pumped into their countries do they say "thank Allah it wasn't the Taliban using these rounds but coalition troops."?

Your a sick person....You are just a despicable human being

Another logical, rational, well-thought-out, well-researched submission, Sassan. Oh, wait, sarcasm is not a great idea here.

I was going to start a group called, "Politics". Instead perhaps all discussions leaning in any way toward politics should be banned. Submissions such as this demonstrate too poignantly that the rationality espoused on this site is not always carried into political discussions.

Perhaps it's time to declare that this thread is producing few useful exchanges.

I don't understand nationalism or patriotism. You should be proud of things you accomplish, not things that your country accomplished.

© 2015   Created by umar.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service