Patriotism strikes me as being on an equal footing with God in terms of irrational thinking. And, of course, they are tightly intertwined in the American Right. 

An on-line friend sent me this (for strong stomaches only). How should I reply? She's a nice lady.

Views: 227

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Careful of the irony, guys. We know he doesn't deal with it well. English is not his first language and he's likely to think he's made a couple of converts.
LOL!
Again, another racist jab. Racists unite.
When did ESL become a race?
All the simpleminded individuals use the same lame tactics.
That doesn't answer the question. I didn't think it was all that complicated, to be honest.

Albert, did I ever state Afghans are not real Muslims? But the Taliban were so barbaric and cruel that life under the Taliban was basically next to hell (if there was such a thing). You think the current government in Afghanistan is "secular"?? Hell no. The Islamic Republic looks like a bunch of atheists in comparison to them. Saying this, the Afghan people suffered so much under the Taliban and to say that Afghans support them is certainly disingenuous because I know you are intelligent and there is no way you can believe that. At least young Afghan girls are now going to school and getting an education and Afghanis have a glimmer of hope for their future. How low can we go to try to say that the Afghani people were either one of two things: 1) Better off under the Taliban, 2) Prefer the Taliban.

For anyone to make that claim (especially from someone like you) is disingenuous and I do not believe for a second that you actually believe that nonsense.

There are plenty of interviews and documentaries with Afghans expressing how things were better with the Taliban.  Were all things?  No.  But the Taliban left them alone as long as they obeyed their version of Sharia Law.  Sure beats house to house searches,  family dead from stray bombs or for being suspected of working with Americans, etc..

And I am sure Afghans are scared that we will neglect them again.  Many women continue to wear burqas so they won't be punished if the Taliban come back.  This is a valid fear as your beloved West has a long track record of such a thing.

Reggie, after reading what you wrote; it makes me sad the types of delusions you must live with in your everyday life. You undermine the cruelty and barbarism of the Taliban.

But the Taliban left them alone as long as they obeyed their version of Sharia Law.

Yeah, that's it. You are not allowed to shave your beard or do anything that is considered "fun". Your children (boys mind you) are not allowed to fly kites. No television, radio, or anything at all that can teach you something. Make sure your women are locked up in the house all day and your daughters are not allowed to have the most rudimentary of education and your wife or daughters can not go to the stores for you or communicate with any other human being. You make it seem like "Shariah" law is not that bad! Just "obey it and you will be fine". And then people like you complain how "cruel" the Shah supposedly was when he was probably the least bloodiest king of all-time and did not interfere in private life. Then you make this following statement:

And I am sure Afghans are scared that we will neglect them again.  Many women continue to wear burqas so they won't be punished if the Taliban come back.  This is a valid fear as your beloved West has a long track record of such a thing.

Isn't this the statement that I just made? This is the fear that the Afghans have, us leaving them. But aren't you and your types of people the one making the claim that the Taliban are "freedom fighters", and that it was a mistake for us to even liberate Afghanistan in the first place? Isn't it your type of people making the claim that we are unwanted there and should leave? So, where is that you stand for the dignity and rights of Afghan women and people?

Even though there are "problems" in the sense with what is going on (not including the Taliban animals) it is refreshing to see the pictures and videos of Afghan girls getting an education, women coming out of the work place (government offices), and then a top official in the Afghani government that is female. It is disenchanting for you to try to "shrug" off Shariah law as no big deal in your delusions you seem to carry in attacking the west. Reading this last paragraph from you truly makes me realize human dignity is only a cliche' for you as long as being anti-west is involved and nothing else.

Moderator note:

Again, to all involved, cut out the personal attacks. Don't make me turn this thread around.

Thank you. It is getting tiring with the same rhetoric in different tones including several racial statements and intonations simply due to my views and nationality.

My warning applied to everyone, Sassan. There was plenty of intemperate behavior, not just from one direction.

The discussion can continue, but if it gets heated again, the thread may be closed. Play nice, everyone.

RSS

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service