Patriotism strikes me as being on an equal footing with God in terms of irrational thinking. And, of course, they are tightly intertwined in the American Right. 

An on-line friend sent me this (for strong stomaches only). How should I reply? She's a nice lady.

Views: 229

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

good for him; but not intelligent design in the way fundamentalism Christians are (Earth is less than 10,000 years old)
It is the duty of patriotic Afghans to kill as many of the mercenary thugs sent by brutal and distant occupying powers (the UN being, basically because of the security council, a U.S. stooge) as is possible.
But...but...WE'RE the good guys!  Didn't anyone tell them that their role is that of the bad guy?
Most of the bad guys don't get a script.  They probably wouldn't agree to it all if they knew the full plot.  Their job is to yell angrily, shoot at anything other than the heroes (no matter how exposed they are), then fall dead on cue.  That's how the United States single-handedly won WWII; the Germans and the Japanese are exceptional at following cues with discipline and precision, while Americans are exceptional at having an inflated sense of self-importance.
Wow - deep man, really deep.
word
So...G.I. Joe is a bit of a Freudian journey?
This must have been a joke to rile me up because otherwise I don't see how someone with rationality and common decency can state that the brutal barbaric Taliban were good for the Afghani people or supported by the Afghani people. We are assisting them to liberate themselves of this venom.
Funny. Many Afghans would say they preferred Taliban rule to "American liberation". Most would prefer that both got the fuck out.

I know Afghans - several of them - a good friend of mine is Afghan (haven't seen him in a while) but I haven't heard a single Afghan say that they preferred Taliban rule. That is preposterous and insulting to even state such venom. Come on Reggie, you're better than that. You have the first name of my hero growing up. That was wrong on all levels Reg.

Oh-yeah, my ex-gf was Afghan who I went out with for nearly 2-years. Not a single Afghan I ever came up to said such a thing. They were only scared we would neglect them again like we did after the Soviet war. That was their main concern..

Yes, you're absolutely spot on.

Real Afghans like foreign occupations, Kill teams, bombs on weddings and schools. They love it, because real Afghans are secular.

The Taliban consists of fake Afghans. They're really closet Arabs. They're takfiri's being hired by Ahmadinejad.

Also RAWA are really a foreign terrorist organization.

Crap, it makes so much more sense now!

RSS

Blog Posts

PI = 4

Posted by _Robert_ on September 16, 2014 at 8:53pm 4 Comments

Invictus

Posted by Marinda on September 11, 2014 at 4:08pm 0 Comments

Ads

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service