I have always felt that a third party has been needed in the United States, and I was just wondering what everyone else thinks. I was just saying this because when you get down to all today, it really is only about voting for the names and the party names than it is voting for people who have different agendas. I would like to see the Libertarian Party become that third party due to my anarchist tendencies; however, I do realize that some form of government will always exist -because theoretically anarchy is a form of government- and I would like to see a government that focuses on defending the individual and the nation, keep law and order, and provide a stable currency. That's just me though, I could be wrong and I welcome your opinion.   

And if I did anything wrong, please excuse me for this is my first post here.

Views: 86

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The game strategy that most Americans subscribe to is that a vote for a 3rd party is wasted.  So either the strategy of enough players has to change (seems unlikely), or the voting system itself needs to be changed to a Condorcet Tally or Borda Count or something like that.

This is from Chris Weigant's blog - Exceptional Democracy (April 2010). The article is interesting on many levels, and while it doesn't really answer the Big Question --

If America is truly supposed to be exceptional in all things, why do other countries -- almost without exception -- decide our governmental structure isn't really for them, when it comes time to choose?

-- it nonetheless presents clues I haven't seen anywhere else so far.

DEFINITLY~ WE DON'T GET FOOLED AGAIN, I TRUST NADER

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Members

Forum

Favorite movie or actor/actress.

Started by Devlin Cuite in Small Talk. Last reply by Reg The Fronkey Farmer 1 minute ago. 11 Replies

Blog Posts

I am tired

Posted by Philip Jarrett on April 18, 2014 at 12:09am 4 Comments

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Into life hacks? Check out LabMinions.com

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2014   Created by Dan.