In my opinion, a person should be able to charge for services that they can give away if they want. Who are they hurting? Two or more consenting adults make an arrangement that is between themselves.

Why is it that women and men for that matter, are still being  controlled by governments in the bedroom? Is the bible or religion running our societies? 

Who or what decided on things that are moral or immoral?

Just because a person doesn't want to do something themselves, I for one, doesn't give them the right to "Preach" to others what to do..

Tags: freedom, government, morals, religion, sex, women

Views: 349

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here in New Zealand prostitution is legal. It's also legal to be a streetwalker but public solicitation is illegal. Also, if I'm not mistaken, there are local regulations on where "houses" are located and what kind of signage is displayed.

I see nothing wrong with legal streetwalkers, because prostitutes here WANT to be well-known to police. I believe the police keep pretty close tabs on the girls for their protection (sorry, I've never noticed a male streetwalker). This practice is also, I believe, restricted to a certain areas - just like there's a fashion district and used-car district - it makes sense.

Love your position, Robin, that other jobs that people don't especially like are not illegal. However prostitution is not a profession which is universally hated by its practitioners. Talking to a former President of the New Zealand Prostitutes Collective, she assured me that plenty like their work (though not necessarily every trick) - and it pays well.

What a fiery discussion! I haven't seen anyone disagree. :-)

"sorry, I've never noticed a male streetwalker" - I have, on a documentary about heroin addiction... seems alot of people who are addicted to heroin will turn to prostitution to finance their habit.

On another note, I think I would be open to being a prostitute if I wasn't in a monogamous relationship and wasn't already employed. As you said, good money... could be put into savings, tuition, or other investments.

"I think I would be open to being a prostitute"

Yeah, me too. I'm sure there's a BIG market for a 66-year-old with a pot belly and a pocket full of blue pills. :-)

LOL!!!! There's a market for pot belly older men, I'm sure of it!!! Especially being that you come prepared.

I don't really have a problem with it. No matter what anyone wants to claim, I certainly believe it is safer for it to be legal than outlawed. It would help prevent diseases from going around and the prostitutes themselves would be a lot safer.

Of course, it would have to be with adults, but besides that, I do not know or care if it is "immoral". I do not believe that anyone is getting hurt when two consenting adults make this type of decision. I mean, some relationships could be messed up, but the legalization wouldn't be the cause. They would do it anyway.

Yes, religion has a heavy influence on every country's laws, even when freedom of religion is there. I agree that they have no right to tell others what to do just because they believe it is wrong. That is not the purpose of laws. The purpose of laws is to protect people and I believe that legalizing prostitution would keep us safer.

RSS

Blog Posts

People

Posted by ɐuɐz ǝllǝıuɐp on July 28, 2014 at 10:27pm 4 Comments

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service