The reason why I ask is that I am attending a school sponsored trip to Italy and my teacher who knows a guy at the Vatican was able to get an audience with the Pope. Being an atheist, I find myself caught between a rock and a hard place;' because being an atheist the Pope stands for all I stand against, but on the other hand this is a rare opportunity. This question really reaches out to the ex-catholics in the community, for I am one as well and wish to get your opinion in the matter. So personally I will take the opportunity in stride, but I still wish to hear from you all on the matter.

Views: 104

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

An honour? no. Interesting? Most definitely.

By the way, try to be on the news, as in : "make it exceptional". (nutshot, etc.)

I'll cheer for you from my sofa.

it would be an interesting experience..honored? not as much as you would be if you were going rock climbing or touring  the wall of china.

I'd be no more honored to meet the pope than I was at meeting Dr. Jonas Salk when I was a kid. I met him before I had any appreciation for what he did, so it was kind of a non-notable day. 

I will agree with what was said above: architecture is cool. I see the Vatican City on TV all the time and think it would just be a really cool place to drive around. Pretend it's for some other use, like a public university or something. 

Thank you all for your input and I have read all of your comments! If anyone else wants to add to this forum I will be more than happy to read and respond to your comments as well! You all have given me a lot to think about!
The teacher is a guy... :P
Haha, I will talk to him about it.
Bring a loaded gun and do the world a favor.
Then each pope needs to start getting assassinated until one steps up and actually decides to change things. I think that would happen sooner or later if they all start becoming fearful.

Sorry to be so brash but I really wouldn't give 2 cents to stop someone from doing it. The pope makes himself a target which is precisely why they are driven around in a bulletproof vehicle.

So no , I would not be honored to meet the lunacy. I would make the greatest effort to spit in his face.

No idea, but they probably have mind scanners to make sure you don't ask legitimate questions lol

He's technically a world leader.  You should be honored to meet the Pope in the same way I would be honored to meet Kim Jong-Il.  It's really cool, but you know that the guy is a psycho.
Very well put.
Keep your light-saber secured at all times.
Do not join him when he offers you a spot ruling the galaxy at his side.

Outside of those two rules, hell yeah! Go! Enjoy the experience! Appreciate the fact that you get to go see things that most humans won't. Be awed by the history and artwork you will glimpse.
Be amazed by the architecture and structures. Remember they were made by fellow humans far more talented than you or I could ever be.
Take pictures if you can and post them here! I'd love to see them.
The world is ours to explore. You are an adult. You are able to be gracious in the face of absurdity. You are able to appreciate the beauty and reject the crazy.

© 2015   Created by umar.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service