I was watching the TV and this lady claimed to speak to angels. This was taken seriously by Dr. Oz, who claimed to be a man of science. The lady proceed to speak with the doctors angels and told him of all kinds of things that he was astounded by. Then she started to speak to the audience in the same way. what troubled me was that she was pretty good. I have seen James Randi debunking psychics and understand the techniques. What troubles me is either the audience and Dr. Oz was in on it or i don't know what. I dont believe in this stuff and i bothers me when it is shown like this.They also talked about the brain scans of people who are praying and how active the brain becomes, but that means nothing. Prayer might have some benefits but that does not mean that anything external is receiving the prayer. Just felt like a con job. Any thoughts or insight?

Views: 691

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It was today. Dr. Oz is supposed to be about health. He does look at natural and holistic medicine which can be pseudoscience but this was taking it a little too far. I've seen people doing cold reading but she seemed to be bang on. I can't believe that they would stage it and loose all credibility, although you see it on shows all the time. Like Deepak Chopra on Opra with his new age mambo jumbo. What worries me here is she claims to be talking to the people who have passed on. Extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence! 

The usual religion re nonsese claptrap

Thanks, I love James Randi. Never saw this one. Puts me at ease now. Just didn't want to think relatives that had passed on or angels watched some of the crazy stuff I do in bed with wife.LOL

Try not to watch any shows like this and encourage your friends not to either.

Good advice! LOL It just happened to be on and i could not believe my eyes. I'm usually watching people get Hitchslaped on youtube instead.

© 2015   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service