Science doesn't have all the answers... but religion knows everything

I just had a guy claim that religion knows everything. Saying that science sucks cause it doesn't have all the answers and religion rules cause it has all the answers... I thought I had a decent response and thought i'd share.

"Religion has all the answers? Does religion answer why objects that are moving faster experience time at a different rate than static objects? Does religion answer how many universes are in the multiverse? Does religion answer the question of what other alien species look like or how advanced they are? Religion knows nothing... because the primitive humans who wrote the bible didn't even know what the important questions were. Get real."

Anyone have anything to add? I could use the ammo.

Views: 1028

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ask your friend where in the Bible it explains pathogenic microbes.  Science does.

Ask your friend how religion explains aging.  Science does.

Ask your friend where in the Bible it explains what causes objects to fall to the earth.  Science does.

Ask your friend what God had to say about DNA.  Science has a lot to say (and prove) about it.

Ask your friend to explain why all the elements fall so neatly where they do on the periodic table.  Science can, and does.

Ask your friend to show you in scriptures where it explains the Bernoulli effect.  Science explains it beautifully.

Ask your friend to quote the verses that explain (or even mention) magnetism.  Science provides the answers.

Ask your friend to show you in the Bible why we have seasons.  Science knows and lets us know.

There are countless phenomena for which science not only has "answers," but answers that make perfect sense and are supported by abundant empirical evidence.  There are many others for which science is on the verge of finding answers.  There are some questions science may never answer.  But the difference is that science will NEVER give up trying to find answers, whereas religion gave up trying many millennia ago.  Instead, it just made up mystical answers that satisfied the ignorant ancients; and their current, addle-brained descendants cling desperately to the superstitions of those bronze age sheepherders, especially in the United States.

Science is all about thinking and about improving the only lives we have.  Religion is all about avoiding thinking and about the delusion that life will go on forever.  It's about relying on lazy, blind faith to allay the fear of death. 

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Members

Forum

Things you hate.

Started by Devlin Cuite in Small Talk. Last reply by Ari E. S. 2 hours ago. 67 Replies

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Into life hacks? Check out LabMinions.com

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service