Has there ever been definitive proof of satanist temples? I mean ones that are filled with adults, not rebellious teens listening to death metal and and drinking Hawaiian Punch claiming it's blood? Because the only people I've even ever heard talk about these things were overly religious old women gossiping, and baptist preachers intent on frightening said old women.
I imagine that an Anon sect decided to screw with Fred Phelps and he took it seriously. I am a strong advocate of nonviolence, but I really wish someone would shoot that old bastard, so that particular section of the southern grapevine can begin to heal. It's been poisoned long enough.
Apparently there was this one but it closed in 2012. it looks as if it was an e-temple :)
Then we have this one, also an e-temple I think.
There's a Church of Satan website - why on earth do Satanists have to use so much black on their sites - so 'conventional' it's almost corny. Anyway, apparently this lot is in New York - maybe we should get one of our NY members to go take a photo!
LOL. There's a lot of black on this website too. : D
Gunmetal grey, I think is the swish name for it :)
Well, it's black enough for use on a Satanist site.
Meh, gunmetal grey or black...looks the same on my device. I don't like bright screens.
I found their 11 rules, I guess their version of the 10 commandments.
The Eleven Satanic Rules of the Earth
by Anton Szandor LaVey ©1967
1. Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.
2. Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.
3. When in another’s lair, show him respect or else do not go there.
4. If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy.
5. Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.
6. Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and he cries out to be relieved.
7. Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.
8. Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.
9. Do not harm little children.
10. Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.
11. When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him.
My former religious overlords at my parent's church described satanist as fundamentally evil in all ways. Judging by this list however, they're just mildly anti-heroic.
Demography starts on page six. The study acknowledges the shortcomings of having such a small sample size.
Satanists give atheists a bad name.
Actually, I think it's the people who can't tell the two apart doing that.
Actually, that's probably the more accurate statement.