A project called iHumans invited me to join them today.  But, it appears to be religious pseudoscience.  The author is a scientist, so he/she is either a dual scientist/religious crackpot, or this website has stolen the scientist's name.

I just wrote an article about this on my Science 2.0 blog if you want more info.
http://www.science20.com/eye_brainstorm/ihumans_immortality_scam_be...

Views: 6

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The word "immortality" should have immediately tipped you off that it's religious pseudoscience and a scam, hands down, black and white, no 'appears to be' about it. Of course, the fact it's religious would have tipped me off even faster. :)
Well, there's no reason why people can't use the term "immortality" for the results of genuine longevity research.

And the term seems to be used in non-bullshit contexts, at least by some, for instance Turritopsis nutricula is the "immortal jellyfish."
But that's in purely scientific context, so it's really irrelevant to the point. Discussing purely scientific methods to achieve at least some sort of longevity, and perhaps an ultimate goal of a kind of "immortality", is one thing. When you see "immortality" and any serious mention of religion, heaven, or god in the same context, it's obvious it's religious pseudoscience from the get-go. To me, the concept of immortality can't coexist with a heavy religious background without being total bullshit because it always lies on the premise that God is going to grant it-- and God doesn't exist.
Your not doing it right.

The Science of Good and Evil - Michael Shermer (just one of many)

There are bad/good people who do bad things. Killing 50 million people is not just provisionally bad it is objectively bad. The totality of human civilization is harmed in a meaningful way by the lose of diversity of thought and behavior.

Morality is not based on god, a belief in god or a belief in belief (Dennett). Morality is an evolutionary stable strategy (ESS)
I'm not entirely sure what relevance this has, since we were discussing religious immortality scams and not the matter of morality, but okay.

RSS

Blog Posts

The tale of the twelve officers

Posted by Davis Goodman on August 27, 2014 at 3:04am 4 Comments

Birthday Present

Posted by Caila Rowe on August 26, 2014 at 1:29am 6 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service