Today we had a religion quiz and were doing it in groups.My friends are christians and we were group 1 with group 2 behind us.I was answering the questions as well.One question was "What is an atheist".I grabbed the sheet of paper and wrote down : An atheist is someone who lacks a belief in a god or gods.We swapped sheets of paper with group 2.Their answer was someone who doesn't follow a religion.I thought you could call it that as well and we marked it right.We handed back sheets and my answer was marked incorrect.I was annoyed of course,I think I should know myself what an atheist is,after all I'm one.What do ye think?

Views: 12

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Despite over all this spirited debate (get it: spirited?) over what an atheist is or isn't, your nice simple little explanation should have been correct for the sake of a religion quiz. What was their idea of a "right" answer, by the way?
My teacher said someone who doesn't follow a religion (something like that,it was hard to hear with all of the roaring going on).

RSS

Blog Posts

Creationists Dispute

Posted by Fouad on December 24, 2014 at 7:26am 3 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service