I find it hysterical that you have actually put together a website for the
purpose of saying something doesn't exist. That would be like me putting a
page together for the purpose of refuting the Easter Bunny. The reason I
don't need to put a page together on that is because I REALLY don't believe
in the Easter Bunny--hence, I may ignore the whole subject. But the fact you
are so taken up with God's NOT existing shows you are in doubt---and still
searching. I truly do not BELIEVE you are an atheist at all.
1) This is not a refutation site. It's a community of like-minded people who share a philosophy (atheism).
2) We are "so taken up with God's NOT existing" because it's a very important issue in the world, and we place great value in it.
3) Of course we doubt. I'm willing to bet (but I won't declare outright) that most of us believe that there is the possibility of a God existing, but that doesn't make it true.
4) Let's clarify some terminology here. Atheists believe there is no god. Agnostics believe it cannot be known whether or not there is a god. Theists do believe in a god. Gnostics believe it can be known whether or not there is a god. Clear? If there is any doubt in this community, it is simply on the question or gnosticism or agnosticism.
5) I find it hysterical that you took the time to write such a foolish message to an inherently thoughtful and clever community.
Well, when people start building churches to and worshipping the Easter Bunny and insisting that everyone else worship him the same way they do, you may have an argument. Until then, your analogy fails.
Eggs, like rabbits and hares, are fertility symbols of extreme antiquity. Since birds lay eggs and rabbits and hares give birth to large litters in the early spring, these became symbols of the rising fertility of the earth at the Vernal Equinox.
ISPs may be blocking the Easter Bunny sites mistaking them for porn.