Red pill makes you fluent in every spoken language. Blue pill makes you a master of every musical instrument in the world. Which do you swallow?

I thought this would be a interesting discussion.

You can only take one.

Notes : You never forget a language or a musical skill either. Its always there in your head. And also, when I say a 'master on musical instruments', I mean one of the best in the world. Also the languages are only communication languages, not programming skills. via reddit

As for me I would pick languages. The nice thing about music is that it is already a universal language. :]

Views: 940

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think the mastery level posed in the question is uneven.  To be "fluent" in a language is not at all similar to being "among the best in the world" on an instrument.  A much more equal comparison would be to compare language fluency on the level of a poet laureate: someone who is not just fluent in a language, but an artist with words as their medium.

In other words, we are all (more or less) "fluent" in english.  There's nothing special about that.  There IS something very special about being the best (for example) guitar player in the world.  Extrapolate that out to every language, and every instrument...  on one hand you have a skilled linguist, and on the other you have a musical genius on a level the world has never seen, or is likely to ever see.

So as the question is posed, I'd choose the blue pill without question.  If it were revised, I'd probably take the red pill, but would be happy with either.

I suppose either would get you a lot more women,so either.

RED! Although English is my first language I am studying German at High School and I'm finding it hard to juggle with calc and my sciences. Being able to ace all the exams would allow my to focus more on chemisty and physics (subjects I intend to continue on with in Uni). That and being about to suddenly break out during a conversation in fluent Russian is all the more cooler!

Tough question, but-

Much as I like the idea of being a master with all instruments, I like the idea of tackling and overcoming a challenge.  So,  I would take the red pill, and continue to practice!!

Red pill. Will be quite fun with the possibility of annoying every single person on Earth. =D

Languages for me, for a variety of reasons.

1. Musical instruments cost money, so to get instruments worthy of my skill in playing them, the pill would have cause me to vommit Stradovarii (well, you pluralise Stradovarius, then) as well or I'd be awesome but out of pocket.
  2. I already play three musical instruments, but I only speak one fluent language.
  3. The scope for further enjoyment I suspect would be greater from the languages... (I'm assuming the pill only gives me the ability to speak/understand said languages, not read/write them? If reading and writing are included too, watch your fingers when I snatch the pill from you!)
  4. I'm sure there were other reasons, but the phone rang and distracted me. Oh well...

Blue pill = Ayn Rand
Red pill = Ghandi

Red pill.

I don't know. I can't make up my mind. I'll have to think about this one for a bit. I'll get back to ya lol.

I would choose language. Job opportunities.

Red pill until I die thanks to ancient Hebrew.

Both.

Blue Pill!  A tally is in order.. i feel. Has anyone ever seen the movie El Topo? There is a great scene wherein the protagonist meets a gun master in the desert. The gun master is playing an instrument, and asks el Topo to play with him. After they play a short lil ditty together, the gun master tells him he knows everything about el topo. Explains to him how hes not afraid of death and that makes him a dangerous enemy.

Point being, as said before by someone in here, music is language. Blue Pill!

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Members

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Into life hacks? Check out LabMinions.com

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service