Red pill makes you fluent in every spoken language. Blue pill makes you a master of every musical instrument in the world. Which do you swallow?

I thought this would be a interesting discussion.

You can only take one.

Notes : You never forget a language or a musical skill either. Its always there in your head. And also, when I say a 'master on musical instruments', I mean one of the best in the world. Also the languages are only communication languages, not programming skills. via reddit

As for me I would pick languages. The nice thing about music is that it is already a universal language. :]

Views: 1098

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would go with the Blue Pill. Just for the sole reason that music IS a universal language.

Music.

I'm already a linguist and so feel like I could communicate pretty well with a little time and practice, but my musical talents were something I never really wanted to practice, so to be a master of all instruments is something that I find very appealing. Also, it's great for getting laid.

I'm already a language nerd, but I'm kinda struggling now - 'twas a mistake to pick English as my 1st foreign language, everything else seems so much harder as a result. so I'd take that, and be the singer in my band. :P

I am going to go with the red pill as I don't like being in situations where I don't understand what someone around me is saying. 

They could be talking about such things as wanting to ((( insert idea ))) to me...

So, i'll take the red pill please. 

So it doesn't bother you that they might be thinking it even if they aren't speaking it?  lol

I would pick languages and become a diplomat.

I can enjoy music in all languages. Definitely red pill.

This is a no-brainer, the Blue Pill.

The red pill.

The music might allow me to gain more money, but the languages would allow me to gain more knowledge. This one doesn't even require any real deliberation, I would pick the languages in a heartbeat. It is a shame it doesn't apply to programming languages, but I would be fine with it just like that. With that, I could be able to read any philosophical or religious text in it's original language. There would also be some degree of money to be gained by giving lessons and/or creating language learning software (I'll just learn the programming the hard way).

Oh damn, this is tough, can I have both?

The music pill.

I'm already a guitarist, but would love to master the violin and piano.

Actually, I might have to switch my answer. After thinking it over the chance to master languages and then be a translator for the UN would be too hard to pass on.

Language pill! Language acquisition is something that I have always struggled with. I would love to be fluent in even one extra language.

RSS

Atheist Sites

Forum

Parents: help?

Started by Lee in Advice. Last reply by Erock68la 15 minutes ago. 8 Replies

In Defense of ‘Islamophobia’

Started by Brian Daurelle in Society. Last reply by Unseen 1 hour ago. 70 Replies

An atheist book for children?

Started by Leonard Deke in Small Talk 8 hours ago. 0 Replies

Blog Posts

In Avoidance of Anger

Posted by Pope Beanie on November 27, 2014 at 4:59pm 0 Comments

The plane that never crashed

Posted by Brazillian atheist on November 27, 2014 at 12:17pm 1 Comment

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service