I have read many reasons why people are atheist on here.  What has begun to bother me is many people's justification for their atheist point of view is not based on logic.  Many seem to be coming from a place of anger then they attach theists for their injustices.  Injustice is not mutually exclusive to religion.  I think people should move past that and get their views from sound examination of facts and fiction.  I don't believe there is a God for one reason and one reason only.  I have no proof of his existence and the inconsistencies about who and what he is. I am not Atheist because of the flaws to religious institutions.  To me that puts you in a very weak and shaky place.  What do each of you think?

Views: 136

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"You don't question God."  My answer to them is don't worry I don't.  All the time thinking, "There is no god to question."

LOL great one :D

I never really grew up as an atheist, since my parents didn't push me either way. I somewhat naturally assumed that beliefs in magical people up in the sky are silly when someone first mentioned them to me. I then went on to literally ask God if he exists in a very casual manner (if he's omniscient, then he could hear me regardless of where I am, I reasoned), and concluded that not only was no one answering, no one was listening. Atheist I am.
Because I don't believe in the Easter Bunny, Santa Claus, or the Bogeyman, either.

The nice thing about being over 50 is really not caring what other people think about you, your opinions or your way of life. 

I have finally achieved the place where I can live my life as I want and ignore those who don't like it.  Maybe I always could have, but I didn't get free until I discovered my own atheism in my 40's. 

And I am the matriarchal figure that my children look up to so it is very nice for them that I don't interfer in their paths of life at all. 

Surprise! None of the kids ever got infected with religion.

RSS

Forum

Ear-piercing a baby

Started by Simon Mathews in Atheist Parenting. Last reply by Erock68la 4 hours ago. 25 Replies

My Grandpa died last week

Started by Physeter in Small Talk. Last reply by Pope Beanie 6 hours ago. 9 Replies

Torture Report release today

Started by Unseen in Ethics & Morals. Last reply by Pope Beanie 7 hours ago. 134 Replies

Is There Any Ex-Mennonites or Ex-Amish On This Site?

Started by Jessica Miller in Advice. Last reply by Belle Rose 15 hours ago. 27 Replies

Why do we tolerate this?

Started by Belle Rose in Crime and Punishment. Last reply by Pope Beanie yesterday. 25 Replies

Blog Posts

How did that happen?

Posted by Belle Rose on December 19, 2014 at 4:36am 6 Comments

Pabst Blue Ribbon to the rescue!

Posted by Ed on December 15, 2014 at 9:33pm 0 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service