Professor : You are a Christian, aren’t you, son ?

Student : Yes, sir.

Professor: So, you believe in GOD ?

Student : Absolutely, sir.

Professor : Is GOD good ?

Student : Sure.

Professor: Is GOD all powerful ?

Student : Yes.

Professor: My brother died of cancer even though he prayed to GOD to heal him. Most of us would attempt to help others who are ill. But GOD didn’t. How is this GOD good then? Hmm?

(Student was silent.)

Professor: You can’t answer, can you ? Let’s start again, young fella. Is GOD good?

Professor: Is satan good ?

Student : No.

Professor: Where does satan come from ?

Student : From … GOD …

Professor: That’s right. Tell me son, is there evil in this world?

Professor: Evil is everywhere, isn’t it ? And GOD did make everything. Correct?

Professor: So who created evil ?

(Student did not answer.)

Professor: Is there sickness? Immorality? Hatred? Ugliness? All these terrible things exist in the world, don’t they?

Student : Yes, sir.

Professor: So, who created them ?

(Student had no answer.)

Professor: Science says you have 5 Senses you use to identify and observe the world around you. Tell me, son, have you ever seen GOD?

Student : No, sir.

Professor: Tell us if you have ever heard your GOD?

Student : No , sir.

Professor: Have you ever felt your GOD, tasted your GOD, smelt your GOD? Have you ever had any sensory perception of GOD for that matter?

Student : No, sir. I’m afraid I haven’t.

Professor: Yet you still believe in Him?

Professor : According to Empirical, Testable, Demonstrable Protocol, Science says your GOD doesn’t exist. What do you say to that, son?

Student : Nothing. I only have my faith.

Professor: Yes, faith. And that is the problem Science has.

Student : Professor, is there such a thing as heat?

Professor: Yes.

Student : And is there such a thing as cold?

Professor: Yes.

Student : No, sir. There isn’t.

(The lecture theater became very quiet with this turn of events.)

Student : Sir, you can have lots of heat, even more heat, superheat, mega heat, white heat, a little heat or no heat. But we don’t have anything called cold. We can hit 458 degrees below zero which is no heat, but we can’t go any further after that. There is no such thing as cold. Cold is only a word we use to describe the absence of heat. We cannot measure cold. Heat is energy. Cold is not the opposite of heat, sir, just the absence of it.

(There was pin-drop silence in the lecture theater.)

Student : What about darkness, Professor? Is there such a thing as darkness?

Professor: Yes. What is night if there isn’t darkness?

Student : You’re wrong again, sir. Darkness is the absence of something. You can have low light, normal light, bright light, flashing light. But if you have no light constantly, you have nothing and its called darkness, isn’t it? In reality, darkness isn’t. If it is, well you would be able to make darkness darker, wouldn’t you?

Professor: So what is the point you are making, young man ?

Student : Sir, my point is your philosophical premise is flawed.

Professor: Flawed ? Can you explain how?

Student : Sir, you are working on the premise of duality. You argue there is life and then there is death, a good GOD and a bad GOD. You are viewing the concept of GOD as something finite, something we can measure. Sir, Science can’t even explain a thought. It uses electricity and magnetism, but has never seen, much less fully understood either one. To view death as the opposite of life is to be ignorant of the fact that death cannot exist as a substantive thing.

Death is not the opposite of life: just the absence of it. Now tell me, Professor, do you teach your students that they evolved from a monkey?

Professor: If you are referring to the natural evolutionary process, yes, of course, I do.

Student : Have you ever observed evolution with your own eyes, sir?

(The Professor shook his head with a smile, beginning to realize where the argument was going.)

Student : Since no one has ever observed the process of evolution at work and cannot even prove that this process is an on-going endeavor. Are you not teaching your opinion, sir? Are you not a scientist but a preacher?

(The class was in uproar.)

Student : Is there anyone in the class who has ever seen the Professor’s brain?

(The class broke out into laughter. )

Student : Is there anyone here who has ever heard the Professor’s brain, felt it, touched or smelt it? No one appears to have done so. So, according to the established Rules of Empirical, Stable, Demonstrable Protocol, Science says that you have no brain, sir. With all due respect, sir, how do we then trust your lectures, sir?

(The room was silent. The Professor stared at the student, his face unfathomable.)

Professor: I guess you’ll have to take them on faith, son.

Student : That is it sir … Exactly ! The link between man & GOD is FAITH. That is all that keeps things alive and moving.

P.S.

I believe you have enjoyed the conversation. And if so, you’ll probably want your friends / colleagues to enjoy the same, won’t you?

Forward this to increase their knowledge … or FAITH.

By the way, that student was EINSTEIN.

Thoughts on this  awesome share going around?

Views: 2135

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Check the Bible Ian - Abraham lied, Isaac lied, Jacob/Israel lied - they had good role models --

pax vobiscum,
archaeopteryx
www.in-His-own-image.com

I saw this all over Facebook too... So i just posted this.

http://religionvirus.blogspot.com/2011/07/refuting-atheist-professo...

...this I like lol

@ Trevor - Science help me if that stupid essay comes across my Facebook because I would be so tempted to post that excellent link you provided! I love a good breakdown when it comes to exposing stupidity. It's great how it's specifically for this ridiculous essay.

We DIDN'T evolve from monkeys.  We evolved WITH monkeys-humans and primates are cousins. 

This is exactly the kind of crap church's use for "education" to keep them all so smart.

While debating whether or not Einstein believed in God with a bible thumper who had just read a biography on Einstein, I pointed out that Einstein was far too intelligent to believe in God-this I know this from common sense.  Einstein's God was science and his religion was studying the universe. I asked him who the author was and, low and behold, he is a bat shit crazy christian and CEO of the Aspen Institute.  Another typical example of christians spreading bullshit. 

Careful with that "common sense" argument. It's used by theists to support their claims too, and it's just as bad. It reflects false transparency and on the the belief that "this is obvious to any reasonable and competent person and I don't need to actually justify my argument". It's almost as lazy as "because I said so!".

@ Richard - You make a good point. I say Christianity makes no sense because as far as I am concerned, no good god would create/allow, whatever the frick word you want to use, the suffering that goes on in this world. Christians are all about proclaiming how just, loving and good, their god is.

I think mostly, Christians do what I refer to as a 'disconnect' in their brain. The disconnect goes something like this: God's ways are mysterious and not for us to question (brain disengages). For many Christians, a main foundation of their faith is accepting things they don't understand, even questions of right and wrong that can result in others' suffering, including their own.

Seeking truth and understanding is what life is all about. Christian faith runs against this in many ways, but it is their "common sense" to do it that way. I don't think Christians are evil or agree if something bad happens to them they deserve it. Too bad it does not work the other way around. I generally think of Christians as being brainwashed.

I wish some of these Christians would not think my common sense derives form the "evil core" of my sinful self allowing my brain to question their god's ways.

You make an excellent point Richard.  Obviously we need to come up with a different way to express what is so blatently obvious to our ilk and no so to the sheep.  Any suggestions??

"Provably true" springs to mind. I know this to be true based on the available evidence plus personal observation and experience. 

this is ridiculous. that's all.

and the Snopes analysis is spot on, especially the ones about the Navy Seals who punch the professor. So basically, God gives YOU the right to harm someone else just for speaking his or her mind? how does that make sense?

It is more like sad than annoying. The religious are fond of making unsupported assertions that they like. And then basing arguments on these unsupported assertions as though by making an assertion it becomes true.

Here are some supported assertions (the support can be found on the net):

1. Intelligence and knowledge are inversely related to religion. That is, the more religious a person is, the more likely they are to be unintelligent and ignorant.

2. The more science progresses, the more religious ideas are shown to untrue. It never goes the other way, e.g. "well, we thought that science explained some idea, but we were wrong, god did it".

3. The religious talk about god, satan, heaven, hell, angels, demons  etc as if these entities exist, but they do not exist and have never existed. When are the religious going to realize that the earth is not flat, the earth goes around the sun, and in general the emperor has no clothes.

4. As the great Chris Hitchens neatly summarized, god is not great and religion poisons everthing.

5. The religious are fond of saying they are the keepers of morals and that atheists are immoral, but a search of the net reveals that the prison populations are mainly religious and the majority of these are xians. The US population is about 20% non-religious, but the prison populations are less than 1% atheist. As usual the religious assertions are wrong and backwards.

6. The religious are fond of saying they are "offended" by certain concepts, as though their being offended somehow carries the weight of law. It does not. Well, I am offended by fear, ignorance, and superstition. If only my being offended did carry the weight of law. The world would be a much better place.

7. Numerous polls show that the least religious countries are the happiest countries.

8. The universe is about 13.7 billions years old, and has a diameter of about 100 billion light years. How can the age be 13.7 billions years and the diameter be 100 billion light years? This is left as a homework assignment for those who do not understand this.

9. To those who respond to the great age of the universe and attempt to reconcile it with the biblical 6 day account by saying "how long is a day?", I ask for a thousand dollar loan which I will pay back in 6 days.

Good post, Jack!

RE: your comment, "The US population is about 20% non-religious" - I'm sure we're all familiar with the bell-shaped curve, with 2% of the population at each end, swelling gradually to the majority in the middle. With that image in mind, I ran across a stat today that almost perfectly counter-balances your "20% non-religious" segment:

"...those who continue to hold on to the notion that the Sun revolved around the Earth in modern times, in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary (comprise) a disturbingly large proportion of the population; a 1996 Gallup survey put their share at 19% in the UK, 16% in Germany and 18% in the US."

Sad, if true --

pax vobiscum,
archaeopteryx
www.in-His-own-image.com

RSS

Blog Posts

People

Posted by ɐuɐz ǝllǝıuɐp on July 28, 2014 at 10:27pm 3 Comments

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service